Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Major DEF Issues

EagleRock

Hello everyone,

I've been having major issues with my truck's DEF issues lately.

My fleet consists of:

3 GMC Sierra 3500's (Diesel) 2011, 2015, 2016

3 Isuzu NQR/NRR (Over cab Diesel) 2009, 2014, 2015

2 Hino 195 (Over cab Diesel) 2015, 2017

1 Hino 258 (Conventional Diesel) 2017

I also have 5 Service units, consisting of Nissan Frontiers and Ford Rangers.

I haven't had (Knock on wood) any issues with the Hino DEF systems.

Most of the time, if a driver runs them dry, I need to go in with a scanner, and have them run a service regeneration on the def system, and/or a fluid quality test diagnostic.  On my 2014 Isuzu, I was able to fix a leak, but even though I tried 8 different scanners, I was unable to get a scanner that could run a service regeneration.  I ended up having to pay $375 at a Isuzu dealership just to have them run the regen.

Does anyone have a very nice scanner that will be able to work with my whole fleet?  From the people I've talked to, so far we haven't been able to find any that will work on my whole fleet.

Thanks,

The company I use to work for had 30 to 40 GMC 3500's, only thing we had was the heater in the DEF tank for a recall. As for the 8 Hino's we had, only 1 had a problem once and that was it. Most people forget that the filter needs to be serviced and if lifted for to long you end up replacing it for big $$$$$.

On 2/25/2018 at 10:16 AM, mooresbp said:

Why are they running out of DEF? Should be checked and or filled when truck is fueled.

I have them check it every day, but when the cat's out the mice come out and play.

On 2/25/2018 at 12:41 PM, Canadiantowman said:

The company I use to work for had 30 to 40 GMC 3500's, only thing we had was the heater in the DEF tank for a recall. As for the 8 Hino's we had, only 1 had a problem once and that was it. Most people forget that the filter needs to be serviced and if lifted for to long you end up replacing it for big $$$$$.

Do you remember what scanner you had to be able to run a service regen on them by chance? 

Archived