Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tower Down 05.12.20 (KY)

TowNews

One dead, four injured during early morning Garrison, KY shooting

GARRISON, KY (WOWK) – The Kentucky State Police, Post 8 Morehead continue to investigate a shooting that injured four and killed one early this morning in Garrison.

Police arrested Michael Justice, 47, of Garrison, for one count of murder and four counts of assault in the first degree.

Troopers received the call reporting a shooting occurring on Kinney Road at approximately 12:28 a.m., Wednesday, May 13.

After further investigation, police say they determined the five individuals were in the process of repossessing a 2004 Chevy Silverado, resulting in a dispute between Justice and the individuals.

Medical officials transported Thompson Biggs-Cox, Aaron Cottrell and Bonnie Dalton, all of of West Portsmouth, Ohio, to area hospitals for gunshot wounds received during the dispute. Kari Biggs of West Portsmouth also received a gunshot wound but refused treatment at the scene.

Tony Gados, the Lewis County Coroner, pronounced Bryan Biggs, 37, also of West Portsmouth dead at the scene.

The Kentucky State Police was assisted by the Lewis County Sheriff’s Department, Vanceburg Police Department, Lewis County Coroner’s Office, Black Oak Fire Department, Vanceburg Fire Department, Garrison Fire Department and Portsmouth Ambulance Service.

This incident remains under investigation by Kentucky State Police, Post 8 Morehead.

https://www.wowktv.com/news/kentucky/one-dead-four-injured-during-early-morning-garrison-kentucky-shooting/

Obituary

Bryan Ray Biggs Sr., 37 of West Portsmouth died Tuesday, May 12, 2020.  He was born April 5, 1983 in Marion, Ohio to Arnold Ray and Brenda Kay Franklin Biggs.  He was preceded in death by Grandpa and Grandma Biggs, Grandpa and Grandma Franklin, a nephew, Joseph Journey, and a great niece, Matilyn Gills.

He was an employee of Ted’s Towing for over the last six years.  He loved demolition derby’s, fishing, and spending time with friends and family.

Along with his parents, Bryan is survived by his wife, Kari Lynn Craig Biggs, 3 sons; Bryan Ray Biggs Jr., Bryan Paul Biggs, and Emmitt Lee Biggs, a daughter, Alyssa Biggs, a sister, Angel (Matt) Journey, nieces and nephews; Ashlee (Brandon) Gills, Latisha Journey, Scottie Journey, Halie Bays, Isaiah Bays, Brayden Bays, and Harrison Beach, and great nieces and nephews; Shawn Howard, Devin Fitzpatrick, Kason Gills, Karson Davis, and Kennlee Journey.

Arrangements are under the direction of the Roger W. Davis Funeral Home in West Portsmouth.  Due to health restrictions private services will be held at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers, the family request that donations be made to the funeral home.  Friends are encouraged to reach out to the family through our condolence page at www.rogerwdavisfuneralhome.com.

Bryan Biggs worked for Driver at Ted's Towing & Auto Repair AAA

The Owner of the company posted:

Bryan Biggs was shot and killed doing a repo for another company last night. He worked for us for 6 years. On his nights off he would go help another company repo. Bryan was one of the hardest workers we have and will be greatly missed.

Biggs.thumb.jpg.bc3ac65f5636f85cbce04737e4e5e683.jpg

Update from Ted's Towing:

Please Share!! We at Ted’s Towing had nothing to do with the situation that happened last night.

It was Bryan’s night off. He was working for another towing company doing repos.

I hate to post this in the middle of a travesty but I’m getting none stop calls and texts.

Please let everyone know that Ted’s Towing was not involved in any way!!!

Bryan was like a brother to us. In no way Am I trying distance ourselves from him. He was one of the hardest workers we have ever had. There is no way we will be able to replace him. I’m sorry if I came off like I don’t care. That is in no way how I feel. We love you Bryan. Rest In Peace.