Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow-truck operators to the rescue:

TowNews

Tow-truck operator Jason Butler has fished pickup trucks out of frozen lakes, pulled snow-covered semitrailers out of ditches and once rescued a capsized double-decker pontoon boat.

jmp-003-0156-sailboat-on-ice.jpg?w=1280&

So when Butler, the owner of City Line Towing in Willmar, Minn., read about Mike Olson’s plight, he knew he could help. He called to offer his towing services and expertise — free of charge.

BBX0XWd.img?h=1080&w=1920&m=6&q=60&o=f&l

Olson, of Chisago City, is the owner of the 26-foot white-and-blue fiberglass 1977 Pearson sailboat that has been frozen in the St. Croix River since Nov. 1.

Sailboat-Josh.jpg?fit=620,9999px&ssl=1

Butler and a friend, Josh Schafer, division manager of Pulver Towing in Marshall, Minn., said they plan to assemble a team to remove the boat in the next few weeks.

RESOURCE LINK with the rest of the story

This week ... our Southern California weather has been in the 70's. I just can't fathom having to live and work in areas where winter has these kinds of conditions. For me, if I want that kind of cold ... I"ll stick my head in the freezer.

These ice-bound recoveries make great tow truck recovery articles. If I had my  way, that truck would sit at the bottom on the bay until the spring thaw for safety reasons, but I know the tree huggers and fish efficiandoes' would twitch and moan. I wish you guys plenty of on-scene safety and kudos Josh for a job well done.     

R.

Randall C. Resch