Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

This came up for auction recently

mushspeed

This diamond T  diesil.....has been barn stored for many years  the owner was an agricultural antiques collector  and having recently passed away , his family put all of his collection for auction 

We understand the auctioneers put a couple of new batteries on it and it started easily   

It looks a bit shabby but it is all there ...and not full of rust holes   ....a good project !!

20190611_102149.thumb.jpg.2c8f28dedb35710ce69cd319a1c8b790.jpg

20190611_102141.thumb.jpg.ea3d191d6bc15534b50cb76ed801edcc.jpg

It was sold for 8, 000 pounds sterling  plus  15% buyers fee...to another historic vehicle collector 

I wanted to buy it ....but Aileen put the block on, saying we already have too many other projects going on .

She was absolutely right ....I don't know when we could have got on with it ....

20190611_102133.thumb.jpg.95c52a073655137b86c0d0b311193a91.jpg

I am not sure the make of that crane perhaps someone  can identify it......  or is it a self made one ?

John.

Just my guess John ... by the heavy metal box, I-beam booms, IR looking headlights, ammo can looking box in the back, and the heavy lugged, military tires on all wheels. It looks vintage military to me. I base that guess on a similar relic sitting on-site at Ellis Towing in Bardstown, Kentucky years back. Like everything the military spec'd, it always was overbuilt to meet the rigors of military recovery. If the folks at Ellis are on this site, perhaps they can add some details. It was pouring rain when I was there and there was no-one around on a Saturday.  Thanks for sharing John.   R.

Ellis Towing Heavy Kentucky.jpg

• Like 1

Randall C. Resch