Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

A AAA Question

TowZone

This Topic was created by Orcas Tow on Tow411 in 2007:

There has to be some tow companies that are primary contractors (without garages) that make it work for them, when a driver is in an accident & requests a AAA tow I understand it actually will be billed to the car insurance at a retail rate, what are some other perks along these lines, also what about product discounts & bonuses, are they enough to figure into the low hook & mileage?

Fairway said:

Each club has different "perks". When I was with Mid-Atlantic, they had a bonus program which was based on eta and customer satisfaction and I did pretty good with it (the bonus check covered my truck pymt). I also got an extra year warranty on my Jerr-dan through AAA. Now I'm with Central-Penn and they don't have any type of bonus or incentive programs. Although thier rates are substantially higher than Mid-Atlantics. As far as the accident tows through AAA, I try to bill them through the members insurance at least 90% of the time, although in the most recent AAA newsletter I receieved there was a section stating that if you encounter a member whether it was dispatched through AAA, police, or they flagged you down you are obligated to take their membership as payment and are not allowed to charge them as a retail customer, if you do charge them and the member notifies AAA then you will see that money taken out of your next check.

LAMB Towing said:

When I was a primary provider for AAA, AW Direct gave a 10% discount to, I assumed, all AAA providers. They even used to print a special AAA catalog featuring a AAA wrecker on the cover and they'd sell you flourescent gloves and vests with the AAA logo. I'm sure they still do. But now that I'm a 3,000? or 5,000? Level Provider for AAA (means I'm a back-up but they pay me my rates...see what can happen if you stand your ground with them?), AW Direct doesn't offer me the discount anymore or send me the AAA catalog. I thought that was a pretty good discount because it basically paid for the shipping. But AW Direct has cut me off. Guess I'm not as good of a customer now since I still work for AAA, but don't settle for their low rates.

Auto Rescue said:

Accidents and DWI/impounds aside I see no real perks being a service provider other than brand association this after 27 years service to them.

If I was on an island I don't think I would be inclined to still be linked with them. But, you never really know until you try it and you are not required to work a wreck for motor club rates unless the member has no other insurance overages. That just does not happen very often at least around here but every area could be different.

When you do work one under 3a they have a higher rate for that but you have to notify them and give them an accident number as well as additional services you performed.

There seems to be a lot of providers that do not know all that they are entitled to most likely because the field rep did not take the time to explain or the services were provided at basic rates once and then every time after that and you know then that the company is not going to audit and pay more in most cases however I have been paid more with more than a few calls that I did not bill out correctly.

cdntowguy said:

CAA has several insurance brokers who have a program exclusive to CAA contractors.
GMC, Ford, & Chrysler all offer "fleet" discount to CAA providers.
Check the AAA biz website for more offers to U.S. contractors.
Steve

unknown member said:

There are alot of perks...We have a truck outfitting dept. We have a service dept there are equipment deals discounts on nextel, insurance. Deals thru Cintas uniform the list is long.It is what you make of it. If you want to talk with a provider who has done well Give Earl Arnold in Frederick Md ant 40 west towing a call. He has been with them along time and has a large fleet of trucks.He is the sole provider for frederick county Md.

@Orcas Tow @Lamb Towing @auto rescue @cdntowguy