Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Free Storage???

thtdon

I noticed a change in the information that appears on the printed Agero call sheet that concerns me.  When you get to the line that says "Coverage Details", the next line tells you what the coverage is, "in full, $50, etc".  There is a line below where the call limit that says :"Additional Info.  Included:  Storage Cost".  I don't know what that's supposed to mean.  But if they think that the storage cost is all inclusive now, and they are not going to pay a storage fee anymore, they have an awakening coming. 

I don't store very many cars for them anyway.  But even so, I have had a couple of claims over the past few of years of damage while the car was in my yard.  In both cases, a mechanic at the car dealership fessed up, and I was cleared.  If we are liable for something, then there has to be a fee.  So if that little message means that we have to store for free, no more storage for them. I'll do the same with storage, that I did with winching.  When they changed the rules, resulting in a 50% cut in the winching fee, I never winched another car again for them, to this very day. 

• 2 months later...

the "Included"  line shows what benefits the member is entitled to.  Each policy is different.  But in the case of a tow that comes through for you it may say storage, unlock, tie change.... these are all services that would be covered by Agero if the member needed them.    Sometimes youll also see excluded items listed.  I know i have seen it on a tire change - excluded delivery to dealer (meaning a tow is not covered) or locking lug nut removal as a not covered item.  The problem with agero is that everything is so inconsistent.   And as you know better than most, dont automatically think they will pay for it if you bill it.  You need to call in and get approval and all first.

We dont do much Agero anymore unless its credit card up front for a $175 minimum.  They only call me when everyone else screws up or doesnt show up, so we hammer them hard on pricing.  Typically we are around $375 for a somewhat basic job for them and had as high as $1500 in the past.

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

cfa436ad583c4a8eddd524a3c60bc058.jpg

Here is an example of the notes that show not covered additional services. I found this picture online as a reference to what I meant. Basically it shows covered for a basic lockout. If any additional services are requested the ones listed will not be covered by the policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png