Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Towing The Tesla

Topic Originally Created by Myerstowing tubesilver.gif in June of 2013:

Got a call for an 80 mile tow back to the dealer.  Owner was all excited that this car does 0-60 in 3.7.  It was nosed into his garage so we used Go-Jacks to spin it around and use the transport hook to winch it onto the flatbed.  The owner did not want to give us his keys and kept asking what will happen to them if we took the keys with us lol.  Just told him that we can shut the door (Need the Key For That) and the service department will have them when he picks up his car.  Anyway I haven't seen a Tesla on here yet so here are a few pics loading up.
31b36d673a16b7c82cfdd33cc4f0be517850ddb7_r.jpeg
9f8263d37fbd02f4de1cf2b5066f75ab745553d3_r.jpeg

twinbulls said:

Cool deal .. We tow them here in the Dallas area ... Many times we WL and Dollie them ...

MobileNewhope said:

We have a customer that recently bought one. Have yet to put it on the deck. But being that he is super meticulous about his cars, I am sure the day will come that he has us tow it for something simple.

firemedic said:

Is the tow hook permanent or removable like BMWs? Also how bad on the low clearance? Lots of ramping needed?

Insurance said:

Nice job Billy, I know your on-hook coverage is high enough.

Katkiller said:

Is that a rental? oh, I see he rents it out. 

towing4u said:

Model S pictures out there?

BlackAutoload said:

Doesn't he know what people like me do to rentals ?
HA
The front tow hook took all the fun out of loading.

tntowingbradenton said:

Tesla is trying to get people to sign up to be a provider and wants to my regular motor club rates and pay every 90 days.

Archived