Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

anyone else notice NSD starting to go downhill??

ESC

Has anyone else noticed things with NSD starting to go downhill?

I have seen my area rep change 4-5 times over the last year.  Dispatchers with little info lately, and more problematic calls ... which may be because they are growing and taking on more clients, so some of that can be expected.

Today's issue really annoyed me to the point that we will no longer be near as helpful to NSD as we have been in the past.  Over the years, NSD has been great to work with, until now.

Yesterday they called us and asked us to help with a wheel lift and dolly job 31 miles away, which typically we would never do.  They told use they couldn't get anyone with dollies to help them.  Being NSD, and typically having a good relationship with them in the past, I was willing to help out.  We called the customer and off we went.  Arrived exactly at our ETA and found the customer wasn't there.  Called and found out the customer got up and running and they left the scene without telling us.  No big deal, called in for a GOA which typically pays us $50 + $3/ mile.  For whatever reason dispatch couldn't get a goa approved and told us to call our field rep.  Just spoke to our newly assigned field rep and after 25 minutes of trying to get things right on the phone, they deny my rates and tell me the best they can do is $50 and $1.50/ mile enroute after 10.   It really irritated me since our normal enroute is contracted at $3/ mile after 10.   This isnt an issue that I run into often, as we don't typically take club calls so far away.  But given NSD has usually been great, we made an exception.   I guess this is what I get for trying to help them out.    I'm sure soon they will be calling me wondering why I no longer will help them outside of my town.

store_21169_logo_image_1613770811.png

I received a call from Patrick just a bit ago.  He has made things right so far.  He provided me with his direct extension to reach out to him if any situation comes up similar to this again.  Apparently the rep I spoke with this morning was new and didn't handle things the way Patrick would have, and some of my reps in the past.    Hopefully NSD can keep up the good service and not become like the other clubs.

I too have noticed a severe drop in their vendor service. I have a goa they wont take care of so I'm currently refusing all po#s from them as a result. The only times I've heard from there reps lately has been when they wanted me to agree to lower rates.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TowForce mobile app

I too have noticed a severe drop in their vendor service. I have a goa they wont take care of so I'm currently refusing all po#s from them as a result. The only times I've heard from there reps lately has been when they wanted me to agree to lower rates.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TowForce mobile app

I suggest calling NSD and talk to Patrick. He knows the deal and he seems to be able to work with us and get things done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We ONLY were willing to work with NSD because of Patrick, and things had been going well for a long while. 

We too have noticed that they can;t seem to keep the state reps, as we see it's always changing and I'm tired of getting blue in the face talking to each new rep and explaining history. 

Well, we did have a payment issue crop up and we attempted to reach out to get it addressed....Even with emailing Patrick directly. We were told that it would be resolved in our favor (as it was even documented on the dispatch) and that we'd get a phone call conference with the "new" state rep and Patrick. Well, that was almost a month ago that we were told that we'd be paid and to expect a conference call to discuss, and STILL NOTHING YET!

When this cropped up and NSD had FAILED to PROMPTLY address it, we immediately placed them on credit card upfront ONLY, as I'm not going to allow issues to remain unresolved. 

It's a shame that NSD really seems to be having internal problems, as they were one of the very last clubs that really "appeared" to "care" about the providers actually doing the work.

If I don't hear from them by the end of THIS month, then I'm going Full Retail Rates via credit card only upfront. 

I'm unsure as to why we haven't heard from Patrick, as he was always on top of any issues and he got them handled. I'm EXTREMELY disappointed that NSD hasn't turned this around in a prompt manner to address the issue, which is TOTALLY on their end. 

Likewise, we have noticed a MAJOR change in their billing department and THEIR billing/payment methods. Seems that NSD is now attempting to CUT/Short Pay ANY AND ALL PO's whenever/wherever they can! 

Even with contracted rates, the billing dept is now stating that they have "changed what they're allowed to pay" irregardless of whatever contracted prices or dispatch documentation is listed on an active PO.

So it would appear that NSD has now switched over to the billing/payment model used by Agero & others to short the very providers that are doing the work! I'm doubtful that, in the end, it will work for NSD, as providers take notice and put them of credit card upfront. 

Simply put, in motor clubs and the new "dispatch apps" can't recognize that they do, in fact, NEED quality and reputable providers and not just the "cheapest" provider, the club will ultimately run into issues down the road as a result of customer service issues, and damage claims.

Keeping contracted providers very happy goes a LOOOOOOOOONG way in a relationship, especially when that relationship involved "contracted prices" that are lower than retail rates, and ESPECIALLY true with it's providers that don't need the club contract to keep alive. 

~ I'm not an attorney, nor do I represent to be one. I provide my personal opinion and that on behalf of myself, my company and our operations.

I took the time to reach out and I called Patrick,.... from what I gather, he's NOT directly handling/addressing provider issues anymore, as I was instead told to just call the state Rep and/or the Supervisor of the State rep in an attempt to get the issue (short-pay) resolved. 

I can now see that the "working relationship" with NSD has finally broken down on their end, guess it's going to be Credit Card upfront at Retail Rates from here on out for NSD, unless they fix their issues fast!

~ I'm not an attorney, nor do I represent to be one. I provide my personal opinion and that on behalf of myself, my company and our operations.

2 minutes ago, DodgeTowGuy134 said:

I took the time to reach out and I called Patrick,.... from what I gather, he's NOT directly handling/addressing provider issues anymore, as I was instead told to just call the state Rep and/or the Supervisor of the State rep in an attempt to get the issue (short-pay) resolved. 

I can now see that the "working relationship" with NSD has finally broken down on their end, guess it's going to be Credit Card upfront at Retail Rates from here on out for NSD, unless they fix their issues fast!

That is a shame to hear, and hope they work it out.  The last issue Patrick took care of for me and told me to contact him direct rather than my rep.   We have been watching things close, and have seen a bit more work out of them lately as they picked up Avis, so for us that means alot of 30-40 mile jobs to the phila airport.  I have had them all shorted on miles, but when I submit the map with my invoice they pay according to shortest distance and match whatever google maps says.   I really hope they can stay on top of things for guys like us that have bent over backwards.  They have always paid our retail rate with the exception of GOAs and we kick them some "free" miles.

From discussion with the Supervisor of Network Relations (the person who took over the old position of Patrick) he stated that Patrick transitioned over to one of the "program teams" and that's why he isn't directly working to resolve provider issues. 

As to the issue of short payment, we were told that it will be paid and we'll wait to see how that pans out... To Be Continued...

Archived