News Ticker
  • Many thanks to our sponsors and patrons for their continuous support of our community.
  • Slow Down Move over
Towing Software
ESC

anyone else notice NSD starting to go downhill??

Has anyone else noticed things with NSD starting to go downhill?

I have seen my area rep change 4-5 times over the last year.  Dispatchers with little info lately, and more problematic calls ... which may be because they are growing and taking on more clients, so some of that can be expected.

Today's issue really annoyed me to the point that we will no longer be near as helpful to NSD as we have been in the past.  Over the years, NSD has been great to work with, until now.

Yesterday they called us and asked us to help with a wheel lift and dolly job 31 miles away, which typically we would never do.  They told use they couldn't get anyone with dollies to help them.  Being NSD, and typically having a good relationship with them in the past, I was willing to help out.  We called the customer and off we went.  Arrived exactly at our ETA and found the customer wasn't there.  Called and found out the customer got up and running and they left the scene without telling us.  No big deal, called in for a GOA which typically pays us $50 + $3/ mile.  For whatever reason dispatch couldn't get a goa approved and told us to call our field rep.  Just spoke to our newly assigned field rep and after 25 minutes of trying to get things right on the phone, they deny my rates and tell me the best they can do is $50 and $1.50/ mile enroute after 10.   It really irritated me since our normal enroute is contracted at $3/ mile after 10.   This isnt an issue that I run into often, as we don't typically take club calls so far away.  But given NSD has usually been great, we made an exception.   I guess this is what I get for trying to help them out.    I'm sure soon they will be calling me wondering why I no longer will help them outside of my town.

I received a call from Patrick just a bit ago.  He has made things right so far.  He provided me with his direct extension to reach out to him if any situation comes up similar to this again.  Apparently the rep I spoke with this morning was new and didn't handle things the way Patrick would have, and some of my reps in the past.    Hopefully NSD can keep up the good service and not become like the other clubs.

I too have noticed a severe drop in their vendor service. I have a goa they wont take care of so I'm currently refusing all po#s from them as a result. The only times I've heard from there reps lately has been when they wanted me to agree to lower rates.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TowForce mobile app

I too have noticed a severe drop in their vendor service. I have a goa they wont take care of so I'm currently refusing all po#s from them as a result. The only times I've heard from there reps lately has been when they wanted me to agree to lower rates.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TowForce mobile app

I suggest calling NSD and talk to Patrick. He knows the deal and he seems to be able to work with us and get things done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to TowForce.net

Wanting to join the rest of our members?

Feel free to sign up today.