Quantcast
  • Come join the TowForce community.

Sign in to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

'63 t-bird

Topic Originally Created on Tow411 in November of 2013:

In decent shape for sitting so long.Brought it to its new covered home 30 miles away.
20131105_090140_zps50bda6d8.jpg

Got tired of all the questions.  The no AAA has actually drawn more comments.
20131105_090126_zps34a80ec3.jpg

I was getting all the crap from the gas attendants(in Oregon you can't pump your own gas, flipping dumb!).
You know, I was once a repo man, now I pump gas guys... haha

Dollies aren't that bad really.... I swear they are lighter than the older collins with 4.80s.
Lift is from Detroit wrecker installed by me. Lil Hercules model. Simple L-arm job.

Current rear pic.
20130909_132826_zps2fb04f77.jpg

Someotherplace said:

Which are they, Collins or ITD?

I was really surprised several months ago when I went over to the supply shop and weighed dollies, but I only compared 4.80's - the Collins frames were considerably lighter than ITD's, by about 11lbs a side. I was hoping to find something lighter than the Collins already on my truck; I was going to come out of my own pocket for a set to try to save my back.

That cracks me up about the gas station guys with the repo stories. ;)  Back when I ran a sneaky truck I even got the same routine from a guy working the Whataburger drive-through window.  My truck was just slightly more conspicuous; TX law says the letters have to be X number of inches high, contrasting color, etc.  So I went with the brushed-aluminum looking vinyl on top of a slightly larger set of black letters so that they had a very small outline, on a white truck.

96gmc_19s.jpg

Man, I miss my ole GMC. :(

Richard

BlackAutoLoad said:
Collins brand. I have beat the **** out of their dollies for years and they keep on trucking.
"Flatbed in a can" as an old coworker called them.