Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Maserati On Dollies

Njsss

Don't like being the guy nagging anyone about straps, and maybe you put them on before you left the scene...but that car needs straps.  Especially considering a lot of these AWD vehicles that are rear-biased, many have front wheels that roll quite freely.  One little stab of the brakes and it's in the back of your truck.

I'm also a little surprised you don't have more lift out of the dollies.  That looks like speed bump-scrubbing height?  I've found that a lot of these newer "luxury" cars (haven't towed a modern Maserati yet though) have a lot of things underneath that can get damaged easily.  It's obvious that they're all designed without any thought towards ever being towed, or that it's expected they will always be towed on a rollback.

As an example I had a Tesla (RWD model) that was backed into a corner so I got ready to get it out of the space with go-jaks, only to find that there were plastic fins on the underbody that interfered with go-jak placement.  Had I raised it with them I would have surely damaged the car.  Not fun..

Richard

Archived