Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Couple Of "We Hauls"...

We do a lot for Uhaul on a daily basis. This one job this week was a couple guys rented a Pick-up & a 10 Ft'er and didn't return them. Then they were steeling copper from a junk yard in NJ and got caught. The one guy rammed a police car with the truck & then took off on foot...

20231025_001.thumb.jpg.e0cd8259f3c38d2a27b4c8ae06c4b5d6.jpg

A couple of fine, outstanding citizens here... I guess they caught them all.

20231025_003.thumb.jpg.6cf72d996188eb5d23d7f502f42983cd.jpg

The next two we picked up at a Amazon Center with supposed mechanical issues...

20231026_2222.thumb.jpg.8a05e32b5076450a1a21b8c5ba790c5e.jpg

20231026_2223.thumb.jpg.5c6886a0888924b8311a149ee3e11eff.jpg

These were all brought back to our facility for repairs...

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have a "Part 2" to this story.... I'm always saying "The irony of Life". And if this isn't ironic I don't know what is.

Like I said, the Hoodlums that stole the 1st two Uhauls were caught and the trucks came back to our shop. The Pick up had to be taken to the main facility to be evaluated but we got the go ahead to fix the 10 Ft'er so Friday I backed it up to our roll off can to empty the debris & garbage out of it. Found the guys credit cards & personal junk that got trashed. Ordered parts and got it in the schedule for next week...figured that was the end of the story...

Saturday we get a call for a box truck that went off the side of a bridge and landed on it's side in the water....Nice wake up call to begin our day....

20231104_080520.thumb.jpg.3a70fe531a9344c8861cfbc4cf01abce.jpg

A hunter found the truck on a State Game Land road back in the woods. Truck was cold so I guess the guy wrecked the previous evening. We recover the unit back to the road and I look in it for paper work & find the rental contract. This truck was rented by the same guy that had the Uhaul truck! He literally rented this the day after we towed the Uhauls... I asked the officer "what kind of Society do we live in that this guy rammed a police car last week and obviously got out so he could do some more sketchy shit"?

Unbelievable.... 

• Like 2