Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

What would you do "Safety Discussion 56"

• 1 month later...

1.Caller should not have identified race with police unless asked by police specifically , had no bearing on issue at hand. Not racist in my opinion, but not necessary

2. Dispatcher ( I presume) should not enter in defensive conversation ie " i have many black friends..." this just continues down that course and sounds defensive

3. Customer is upset about fees, this does happen, sounds like the tow company is charging fee for missed appointment as well as current one, not extrordinary in itself, even though she (mom) admits to making appointment . Proof of ownership cannot be determined via phone so one must "believe" them when they say so. BUT,maybe dropping one of the appointment fees ( even though it is justified)  may de escalate the problem.

4. Dispatcher does and should listen to the customers story ,it allows him to vent, after , as he does in video, explain policy and fees, and if customer is still adamant, let the police explain their options.

• Like 1