Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Smallest air compressor and tank to run my winch remote

Andy

My air compressor has an issue. It’s just the pressure switch assembly. Its cheap and easy enough to replace .

Is it possible to put a much smaller compressor and tank in its place its got something like the Phoenix 3 gallon tank unit right now. I only use it for the winch remote controls. Never have inflated a tire with it or ran air brakes from it. 

Ive found a 1 gallon air suspension compressor kit that the motor is mounted separate of the tanks as well meaning I will gain quite a bit of space in my trucks tool box. 

Anyone know if it will be enough supply wire to run my winch remote. 

Its what im looking at they have a 1 gallon tank and compressor package looks like I might be able to mount the compressor on the back wall of my tool box up high and mount the tank on the inboard side of trucks frame. Frees up some valuable space.

I have no idea how towers do this job with standard cabs and one box. During the winter months my boxes are stuffed the back floorboards full 1/2 the back seats full. And even then i have to drag more stuff for specific calls. 

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

In case any one else is interested I went with the Viair unit and tank works fine for my needs I mounted the tank on the back side of my tool box and the compressor in the top rear corner this gained me a great deal of storage space. 

• Like 1