Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

2021 Chevy Suburban,how to get into neutral when you can't start it

I would do this procedure as a last resort, that being that when you override the transmission to neutral on these models you need to have computer to clear the codes after you put everything back together. Wheel lift & Dollies or skates if you can back up straight to it.

• Like 1

Thank you, @4body1986 for adding the YouTube video. Seems as though these procedures would be better suited for a service center moving the vehicle. However, since we do have an audience of mechanics as well I am sure they will find this of interest. The procedures certainly are not worth the time for a Tow Truck Operator loading or unloading.

Additionally, I would think as long as the vehicle was not in the on position with the dash lit up. Everything is restored to it's original position prior to activating the ignition then the error code would not appear. Just my thought's, does anyone know and would anyone attempt either of these procedures just to transport the vehicle? 

• Like 1