Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Police: Man dead after accident on A629 slip road overnight (N.S)

mushspeed

A man has died after an accident off the Calderdale Way in Elland.

The driver of a Renault recovery truck – a man in his 50s – was found with serious injuries under the vehicle on the Elland exit slip road of the A629.

Police believe the accident happened between 10.15pm last night (Wednesday) and 1.30am today.

A spokesperson for West Yorkshire Police said: “Officers were called to the scene by ambulance staff after the driver of the truck was found with serious injuries underneath the vehicle.

"The driver was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.”

Police investigating the incident are appealing for anyone who may have seen the truck on the slip road or who may have dashcam footage of the truck at the time of the accident to contact the Major Collision Enquiry Team by calling 101.

Information can also be passed on by using the live chat facility on the force’s website, quoting reference 0081 of January 12.

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/people/police-man-dead-after-accident-on-a629-slip-road-overnight-3983779

Hi John ... Sorry to read of this tower's death. I'm not familiar with what a "slip road" is. Can you translate the American likeness? Thanks for sharing the news. Christine and I send our prayers to the family and the company he worked for.    R.

Randall C. Resch

Hello Randall....thank you for your kind comments...and happy new year to you and Christine...

It is interesting how our countries have different names for various things   ...our "slip road"  is your " on / off  ramp "....

We call......  your "fender",  our "bumper"......    your  "hood",  our "bonnet"  ....your  "gas",   our "petrol".... 

We have had several severe roadside collisions recently, fortunately no fatalities until this one ...

Stay safe everyone....

John.

• Like 1

John, I'm sending you the link to my recent article as seen on American Towman on-line magazine Towinustryweek.com covering the topic of working on highway on-ramps and  slip-roads. Twenty days ago, a US tow operator was klled loading a vehicle on an on-ramp in Georgia. I'd like to share it with you to pass it around.  Link:  https://towindustryweek.com/12-rates-trade/8611-dangers-lurk-working-on-and-off-ramps

• Like 1

Randall C. Resch

Randall  ....that's extraordinary that you had written that excellent article ....what a strange coincidence that I posted the UK fatality in the same type of location..within a few days ....

.my message to all towers ....on/ off ramps ....slip roads  are just as dangerous.... especially off  ramps  where travellers are used to sustained high speeds  and wide carriageways  and have to adjust to narrower lanes, tightening curves and slower speeds ...

Always be fully aware of the oncoming traffic and only work on the safer side ...

John.

• Thanks 1