Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Heavy Underlift Question

laser45v

Hi everyone, we recently purchased our first heavy wrecker. It is an older Bro Wrecker unit. The unit itself is built stout and seems to pick up just about anything and the winching power is unbelievable. I was wondering if there is a way to install or fabricate the underlift to be a 3 stage to achieve more reach. I cant seem to find a lot of info on the Bro wreckers other than they were from overseas. Any help or anyone that could steer me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate.  

Thanks.

@laser45v Bro is made in Sweden. We have a Bro HD200. Why do you need a three stage? Any steel shop could put you another extension in and get a longer cylinder. The Bro we have is stronger than the JerrDan 35 ton we have. Any time I have to go out I take our Bro it's my favorite we've had it forever but never have any trouble with it. The other guys don't like it because it doesn't have tilt . But I've used it for so long it doesn't bother me, sometimes I have to double pick because of no tilt , you just have to add extensions. But I have never had anything I couldn't tow because of the length of the under reach. If you don't have your wrecker on a long chassis if you make your under reach longer you want have any weight on your steer. Irish iron make fork adapters that are over a foot long would that make your under reach long enough? If so that would be your cheapest option. Post some pictures of your Bro, you don't see many but the ones that are around are still running because they are bullet proof.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Bushwacker said:

@laser45v Bro is made in Sweden. We have a Bro HD200. Why do you need a three stage? Any steel shop could put you another extension in and get a longer cylinder. The Bro we have is stronger than the JerrDan 35 ton we have. Any time I have to go out I take our Bro it's my favorite we've had it forever but never have any trouble with it. The other guys don't like it because it doesn't have tilt . But I've used it for so long it doesn't bother me, sometimes I have to double pick because of no tilt , you just have to add extensions. But I have never had anything I couldn't tow because of the length of the under reach. If you don't have your wrecker on a long chassis if you make your under reach longer you want have any weight on your steer. Irish iron make fork adapters that are over a foot long would that make your under reach long enough? If so that would be your cheapest option. Post some pictures of your Bro, you don't see many but the ones that are around are still running because they are bullet proof.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thank you for the advice. There have been a few newer trucks when i pick from the front they are super close when I go to swing hard turns. Honestly a foot would help greatly... I will post pictures when I get home.