Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Adding Fuel Surcharges!

Fuel surcharges should be added to ALL invoices the same way shop charges are added to a repair order.

Percentage or a flat fee, it is the choice of the company owners.

We chose the "flat fee" on a tiered system per invoice depending on "miles traveled" & total cost of service.  It hasn't completely offset the soaring price of fuel, but has helped.

I have increased what I charge the customer per mile. I look at what fuel cost at the pump in my area and adjust accordingly, I have a fuel barrel at home so I very seldom fill up on the road. Also before the last election I was really concerned that fuel was going to clime in price so I contracted my fuel for 2021, 2022, and 2023. I know what my fuel cost is and it is a considerable savings over what is at the pump. And no I am not passing them savings onto the customer.