Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Next Generation Towers Shout Out ~

Tow411

Next Generation Towers Shout Out ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This Topic Originated on Tow411 in 2007, let's see who is still around.

LEAD TOPIC:

While I realize we have a topic concerning age. This topic is specifically for our industries next generation. I would like to hear from our members under 21 years of age, wait I want to hear from all members under the age of 30. Please add a reply including your age and how you are associated with the tow company. Son, Daughter, Grandchild, Niece, nephew, cousin, other relative etc.

I want to hear from our younger owners as well (yes I do realize how many tow company owners there are under 30).

These are the members that will be most effected by the regulations which are currently being discussed on the board.

In Memory of BROTHERANDSONS who said: 09.22.07

092207.jpg.2b8df8b8d11c7afa65a2d78957b375ed.jpg

My youngest Son Gavin(15), he and his Brother Stephen (16) started in car seats in the front seat of a KW Brute w/ a 1040 on the back. Pretty accomplished Wrecker guys, certified Light/Medium by NATA( Thanks Dave Lambert.... great program) Ole Mixmaster here was # 3 in the class on the exam. They always make me proud, and will work until the work is done.

They both will be introducing themselves very soon

Jan

Wade200 said: 09.22.07

Daniel 25
I'm Tony's son, I have been riding in tow trucks since I could walk and working full time for nearly 8 years. My brother and I will be taking over the business pretty soon. We already manage for the most part, but getting dad out of the saddle can be a task in itself.

Brett Holcome said:

WOW only a picture of the favorite son I see another fight on the way to school over airtime !!!!
Just kidding I forgot which one was the favorite son;
Oh yea the one with the highest test score LOL!!!!

Brett

timjohn said: 09.23.07

Tim Grube

I'm 26 years old. Our business started as a Standard Oil Service Station 60 some years ago. My dad started there at the age of 14 pumping gas. I started the same way at the age of 13. Got my license the day I turned 16 and went on my first solo tow that afternoon. I have slowly bought shares in our company and own a fair chunk. We are up to 7 trucks and close to 6000 calls a year. I enjoy the challenges this business brings on. Most people do not know what it takes to be operating 24/7... 365 days a year. They sleep at night I bet.

Be safe

Adams Towing said: 09.23.07

I'm 29 and have been in business for 4 years. I've been towing for 11 years total.

Michael212 said:

Here is a pic of my oldest son and I taking in the "Brain Storming" with the pros during this years Florida Show. As you can tell we were both listing closely to what Tom Luciano was discussing. (I'm the Good Lookin' Bald guy LOL.... And he's the 12 year old in the black hat with the Wreckmaster shirt on) I am a second generation and he and his brother will hopefully be third and beyond.........

IMAGE MISSING

GENESBanner.gif.3a55d8c143db993dee47d08be8f8378e.gif

nullstowing said: 09.23.07

Jared, 18 owners son, been riding with dad and grandpop since I was potty trained. Got my CDL in March so I am finally able to go out on my own.

TOWAHOLIC said: 09.23.07

I am 27. started my buisness when i was 21. was towing before i got my permit in the lot at the service station.

BURDAsig.jpg.d118b54d433ed8e027c772f3d0beac88.jpg

Dennis MHDT said: 09.24.07

Dennis, 20 years old. Been around the industry since birth. My dad has worked for/owned several collision shops with major tow companies. I started dispatching when i was around 15-16, and I've been doing that ever since. I now manage the office and dispatch for Apple Towing.

Foxtow82 said:

Jared- 25 years old. I have been around towing since I was 2 years old.I grew up all my life with tow trucks and towing.I will be the fourth generation owner of our company.I started driving for my dad(Jay) around 18 years old and got my Class A CDL about 3 years ago. I have been trained to operate a wide variety of equipment big and small. The business has been established since 1965. Thanks,

Bob's Garage & Towing Inc.

BOBSsig.jpg.8b4cdecafbe778bd82d770e64c389e2d.jpg

wreckerman05 said:

i hope some or all of you younger men & ladies will get involved in you local,state,national associations. we just had our state meeting and as i spoke to the crowd that was something i said--most of or all the people who are really involved and care about our industry are getting older and lots of the great people who i grew up admiring or learning from are gone--we need the younger generation involved in our meetings,trips to meet the lobbyist, state reps,etc--call someone get involved, you are needed-- your involvement will be worth you troubles--stand up and be heard-----

danielswt said: 09.24.22

ya dont know my story yet? im 22 i feel like an old man trapped in a kids body.

benn riding shotgun since i was in the womb sucking my thumb....been driving tow trucks since i was 9...... yes i was 9 when i cruzed across town while dad followed me in another truck.

been nearly full time since i was 15 or 16 ( being homeschooled had it's perks ) have been lead h/d operator since i was 18 . now i am operator and managing our main office. dad up and moved 50 miles away to manage our satalitte office.

i do everything there is to do with the buisness except buy the trucks..... ( i tried that last week,didnt go over so hot with dad )

SWTsig.jpg.cac8684d979f07760212b20b4b3e4f8c.jpg

BHarris1092 said: 09.24.22

22 Years Old....I Own & Operate Capital Towing & Recovery in Columbus, Ohio which I started completely by myself. I opened 04/2007 with one carrier, since then I have purchased one twin line wrecker and hired my first employee about two weeks ago. I definitely started young but love every day of it.

Recovery Inc said: 09.24.22

I am 22, I have been driving since the day I turned 18 which is when Ma. allows a driver to drive a commercial vehicle I have been waiting to drive for years and always knew this is what I have wanted to do since I was young. I also have been riding with my father since I was a baby and I am planning on going to CDL school in the very near future so I can expand my abilities in the heavy market. I have played with the idea of opening my own company and I would love to but the wife wanted a house and a baby so now that I am back from Iraq we just bought the house and trying on the baby. Even better than having my own business right now is the possibility of driving for the best company in my area and getting some more experience under my belt with an option to start a company in the future but a steady pay check is whats needed now. I am also qualified by North American Towing Academy with Dave Lambert, I hate to brag but I was first in my class over some people doing it alot longer than I. I have heard with the new possible employer that he send drivers to wreckmaster so maybe I will be wreckmaster certified soon also.

Chris Fontaine
Interstate Towing
General Manage/Heavy Wrecker Operator
WreckMaster #080843

Wade200 said:

We are members of the Alabama Towing Association. I am Wreckmaster certified, TRAA certified and have taken other classes (Wes Wilburn, John Hawkins, local training, etc.) I would say I am pretty involved with things on a local level, but don't get too far away to help the big picture as much as I would like to. I have written two city towing ordinances and pushed for ours and other companies rates in the area even though they never helped with anything. I have won 4-1st place, 2-2nd place beauty contest trophies (with my rollbacks). Also, 1-2nd place L/D, 1-3rd place L/D, and 1-1st place H/D driving contest trophies all from various tow shows. I try to be the best at what I do and take extreme pride in my job unlike many towing "professionals" I see on a daily basis.

FMS Mike said:

I am 21 years old and have been in a tow truck since I was old enough to ride. My brother is 16 and is usually at the desk dispatching or riding shottie with me. Our dad owns the company and is Vice President of the Connecticut Towing Association as well as Volunteer Fire Chief. I am certified through the Association. I am Volunteer Firefighter/ Engineer for the Farmington Volunteer Fire Dept. I am currently a full time student at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy in my senior year going for my bachelors in Emergency Management. I love the towing industry and preach safety and all the things needed to keep our image as good as it can get.

Here I am in the old F-600 with Holmes 500

FMS092822A.jpg.bcea33dc81e763260fc0ad1e018935ca.jpg

FMS092822B.jpg.eb74cc1308a81fab02b1df35e909ece4.jpg

FMS092822C.jpg.9a88b4a70906b62c4ce011172b201de9.jpg

FMSsig.jpg.8c7fcc3739e1d25f1ea2072c6240752a.jpg

cdntowguy said: 09.27.22

My name is Ian Redpath, and I'm 20 years old in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. I am Steve Redpath's son, and am surfing on his account (with permission). I've grown up around towing, as my dad has been in the business since I can remember. I've been driving for him since I was 18 years old, running an '05 GMC 3500 with an '05 Vulcan 804. I have also driven a service truck, and have started training on our '07 International rollback. I'm wreckmaster certified (WM#060707) and we are members of the Provincial Towing Association of Ontario. I'm a 2nd year College student and Algonquin College in Ottawa, Ont. studying Business.

Dallas Horton said:
Been around tow trucks since the day I was born, my dad is Danny Horton who has been in the industry either towing or running our business Horton Truck & Equipment. I was driving tow trucks before I had my license basically towing my own stuff or riding with friends of mine. Im glad a site like this is around, great for imformation and chatting with all the people I cant see on a everyday ocassion.

certifiedautomallNJ said:

im 20 and my father owns our dealership

EdsTowing said: 10.23.07

My son Eddie has been around the business his whole life.

Image Missing

He'll be 19 in two weeks and probably averages 1200 mi. a week in the rollback. I'll get after him to get his own screen name.

My younger son Joe helps around the shop & rides all the time but isn't old enough to drive a commercial vehicle....but soon.

HartsTowing said: 10.24.07

im 20 and i own Harts towing. i have been in the towing industry since i was born my father started the company when he was my age and then it i took over the name last year about 4 years after he passed trying to get it back to how it was when he was around.

www.hartstowing.com

Unknown Member Name:

Stephen Brothers, 16. Can't remember life without a wrecker. light, heavy , ultra heavy certified, been rigging and rolling with my Dad and brother my whole life. I was resposible for maintenance on our 25 ton, pretty much by myself since age 13. I think I know every nut and bolt on a V50 by its 1st name. Like the heavies ,but, thats pretty much all we ever did. Learning the everyday of light duty and counting the days till I can get my CDL.

Unknown Member Name:

Josh-23 years old . Got into towing when I was 18 driving the service van, then got into light duty wrecker. After the company I used to work for sold to another went to work at a chrysler jeep dealer and have been looking to get back into a truck since. I would like to pursue my cdl and hopefully own my own company one day.

Unknown Member Name:

Steve Rose, I'm 19 going on 20, started towing when I was 18 for a local auto repair shop, growing up my father owned a towing company out of Brockton, Ma so I grew up around towing and couldnt wait to get into a truck, At the moment I'm working as a truck mechanic but want to go into bussiness for myself at some point.

Applesig.jpg

Stapley Towing said: 02.21.08

Bryce Stapley, 24, turn 25 in may been towing all my life Dad started bussiness in 1975, run tilt and load and heavy single axle. really pushing for our towing business to grow the last couple of years, went from 1 truck three years ago to three now. want to see about getting a heavier heavy soon. Love this board beleieve its a great learning tool!!!

Stapleysig.jpg

towinu said: 02.22.08

Derek Bjork, 29 my Dad bought our bussiness in 1994 it came with 3 truck 1 ld, 1 md, and 1 carrier we now have 10 trucks 2 service vehicles, 1 ld, 2md, 2hd, 3carriers I started rigging, and hooking up and dispatching at about 15 and driving at 18 we belong to both towing associations in our state and try to keep an eye on changes in our state and local requirments.

60tonner said: 02.24.08

Im 22, my brother jr is 25 and sister is dispatching part time 18 yrs old, grandpa and grandma started in 1958 then my dad & mom took over its been in my blood ever since ill never leave it except when i retire.

Unknown Member Name:

Driscoll0208.jpg

This is my truck that I drive for my dad. I have been driving for my dad now for a year.

I am 18 & will one day be in the a rotator.

Hvywreckerw900 said:

I am 29 will be 30 in Aug of this year. Our business was started by my grandfather Red Beauman in 1950 and is now owned by my father John Beauman Sr. I have been driving on my own since about 16 but most of the cops on police calls thought I was older. I am only coming up on 30 but I was brought up old school. I think that really helps in the heavy duty department. I plan on buying our business from my father when if ever he is willing to give it up. I am involved in almost every aspect of our business from light thru heavy towing , Heavy duty roadservice, shop work. But they try to keep me out of the office because I like to shake to many things up there LOL. I love what I do and I will do this for the rest of my life. Nothing else really interests me.

Jr

beaumanssig.jpg

Unknown Member Name: 02.26.08

My name is Mike Jr. I'M 16 My Dad owns American Towing. I have been around towing from the time i was born. My Dad taught me to operate a flatbed when i was big enough to reach the controls. Now i have gained exp. in the line truck also. My goals in life are to be a Pro Baseball player. But I know towing will never leave my blood. I love the interaction with the police and firemen. Its really fun when i get out of the truck and they tell ME whats going on. I love the feeling that gives me. I have been working around most of these guys all of my life. they are my friends. I love Towing and hope to someday be able to help my dad if the Baseball dreams dont work out.
Nice to meet you all.

jared allpoints said: 02.26.08

my name is jared, i'm 30 and i own and operate all-points towing,recovery,and service center in jim thorpe pa. i've owned all-points for 4 years now and i added the service center last year. been doing this my whole life. my grandfather owned hoffman bros. auto salvage in lehighton from 1930-1994. been in the truck from diapers on. would not have it any other way.

Little Swap said: 02.27.08

I'm jesse and i'm 14. I've been in a wrecker since i was born. Have ran every piece of equipment in our business. My brother is just turning 29 (JTRGO). My brother and i do rolled over TT together and i run a medium duty with my dad. Usually with my brother in the heavy chain forking tractors from the rear. My brother and my dad started the business and i'm glad i grew up in it. Especially for the jerrdan tator. 30 years of hard work for the business and 14 for me.

Jesse Trgo
Interstate Towing
Macedonia, Ohio

trgosig.jpg

Holmes850 said: 02.28.08

Christopher (21) Brian (23)
We Have been running our fathers towing business since brian was 18, i was 16. When i turned 16, i had my licence for 3 days then went and got certified. My dad, brother and i are all TRAA certifed. My dad and brother run the heavies and i do all of the light duty towing. We split the light when we work for city, state, count, and border patrol. We all have our own heavy and our own light. My brother and i started to work with our dad at the age of 10.

Unknown Member Name: 02.28.08

my name is jimmy jones and i'm 24. I am the owner/operatior of CJ towing and recovery in tempe, az.
l grew up in a tow truck and as soon as I was able I went to work for a local company here in phoenix. after about a year me and my dad(now retired after 54 years) had saved up enough money to buy a flatbed of our own. we dumped our combined life-savings into the buisness and picked up a contract hauling cars for the insurance auction he was working for at the time. since then(2 years ago) we have managed to thrive and grow in our own way. we still use the same truck and will continue to as long as it keeps working. and I look as I foreward every day to what lies ahead I also look back to where we once were and be thankful for what we have.

Unknown Member Name: 03.01.08

i guess i can jump in here, i'm jason 25 years old, my father and grandparents are the owners of our company, and my uncle runs the business, i had never worked with or around tow trucks before, but went and received certification through wreckmaster and have been getting into the business with my uncle, i am in the process of moving from florida to new jersey to work alongside my uncle and to do my best to help grow our business. my dad, uncle, and i all log in on this account....so at any given time you could be talking to either one of us.

certifiedautomallNJ 2nd reply: 03.01.08

Ill add some more info to mine since i have time i Just turned 21 my family owns Certified Auto Mall in howell NJ we are a used car dealership as well as having the #1 Service center in Monmouth County. Ive known how to load a rollback since i was 7. You will usually always find either me My brother who just turned 24 or my father in the office Im a Junior at Seton Hall University Studying accounting ill be a CPA the time im 25 then who knows make some money and maybe get a job with Jerr Dan currently we have an 07 UD rollback i a wreckmaster certified and got a 98 on the test we also belong to the GSTA

morinstow said: 03.05.08

Christopher Morin....age 17.... been towing with dad ever since i could lift a chain or pull a lever. I now have a NYS CDL class C with wrecker endorsement, doing majority of light/medium duty towing and rollback and assisting w/ heavy work and running the rhino off roader. Love the job espescially the heavy work and hope to have future in the profession.
here are some pics of me at work

morinstowA.jpg

morinstowB.jpg

morinstowC.jpg

morinstowD.jpg

Blinkytowkid said: 03.24.08

Adam Flood 21 years old been in a tow truck since i was real young now have my advanced light duty cert and getting my heavy cert in a couple of weeks i have my mass CDL class A with tank and hazmat endorsements im still in a carrier for now but i do plan on jumpin in a heavy as soon as i can ive been around alot of good recoveries but i still learn something new everyday im also taking my test for my mass hoisting lic in a month.

Adam
Capeway Towing INC. Hanover MA

Preferred said: 10.23.08

I also missed this post. Well, guess I will add now...
I'm 29, been in the biz since I was 18...
My daughter is 12, been around the company since she was about 1 year old.
She knows all the in's & out's of the biz. She cannot wait to go out on a call or run the tractor around the yard....

Preferredsig.jpg

Unknown Member Name: 10.24.08

I am 13 years old. I know how to drive and operate all of the trucks. There's just one thing......I don't have a drivers liscense or any of the certifications yet. It's hard to ignore something I've been around my whole life.

HoustonA.jpg

HoustonB.jpg

HoustonC.jpg

See you in Baltimore.......might bring you some gator tail!

Houston

Customcruz45 said: 10.26.08

Eric, im 19 and a driver for a local company in michigan. I am engaged with plans to get married next august.

bobjrv60 said: 10.26.08

Bob, I'm 20 years old my father started this business about 5 months before I was born. Been ridding along in the trucks and hanging out at the shop since I could walk. Started working the controls with my dad when I was finally able to reach them on the heavy lol. Been working full time for about 4 years now i run the shop and a heavy and love every minute of it.

bigtow00 said: 11.18.08

Garrett what makes me feel old is when my kids say can I spin the boom.

Kyle 6
Drew 8

I was hanging around the service at that age but I had Holmes 480's, 600's and 750's. Oh yeah we had 1 hydraulic boom wrecker then. Here they are with the remote on my tator.

bigtow00A.jpg

bigtow00B.jpg

I believe the actual words during this picture were daddy can I start it?

bigtow00C.jpg

I don't know If I want them in the dangers of this business but then again my father said the same thing.

Jason Ray

Unknown Member Name: 11.20.08

m only 22 i have been towing for a little over 3 years now i start pumping gas for my boss in 2001 and just worked my way up in to a truck now im working on get my cdl so i can get into the big trucks.

napadude1515 said: 12.09.08

my name is Dennis and im 18. Ive been working with my dad who owns Rend Lake Towing since the late 90's and ive been towing by myself for the last couple of years. I currently have my CDL permit and plan to get my CDL when i go home in a couple of weeks from college for Christmas break.

napadudesig.jpg

Andys08tow said: 12.09.08

20 years old owner or Andrew's Towing & recovery I have been in the game for almost 5 years.

Battelini Towing said: 01.12.09

Anthony, 22, been riding around with my father and uncle who own the comany since I was a kid. The business was started in 1921 and my brother and I are the 4th Generation. I have had my CDL since 18 and run heavy's everyday.

Unknown Member Name: 01.20.08

Hi I'm Alex Tilford. My dad owns Tilford's Paint -Body and Towing. We are a auto body repair shop that started out with a tow truck just for our business and now it has grown to 4 trucks and a service truck. I'm 16 yrs old. I've been watching and learning for as long as I can remember. I do tows on my own now. I have a good relationship with the police department and do the night tows. I'm hoping to take the business over when my dad decides he has had enough.

AlexTilford.jpg

Unknown Member Name: 01.20.08

Saw this thread and just had to add one in for the next generation. I've been at it about ten years doing towing and vehicle transportation but..... this little fella loves being with daddy in the big truck. He's the whole reason I'm at this game!

012508.jpg

Dixietowgirl88 said: 02.06.08

Don't forget me!!
Chantell Matthews---
I am 14 years old. I am a Third Generation Tower. I am Ricky Matthews' daughter (the owner of Matthews Garage in GA). I've been going with my dad and brother for a while now. I am wreckmaster 4/5A and 2x "student of the class". I can operate every piece of equipment my dad has. I can drive all the trucks too but mostly just around the shop yard and stuff, but it still counts! And I love going on calls whenever I can:)

dixietowgirlsig.jpg

www.matthewsgarage.com

Niemans Towing said: 02.27.09

Chris Nieman 22
Im a 3rd generation tower i have been im the trucks since i was atleast 2 my grand father started Niemans service Inc in 1945 & passed away in 2005 at the age of 93 , i quit high school 5 years ago to help with the business thats was the best thing for me & for Niemans service my dad didnt like it but we knew the time was comming for my grand father & my dad didnt know much about all the paper work i was always around to learn it so here i am running it for 3 years now , I have a daughter that is almost 3 now & she loves comming to work with me so i hope shes the 4th generation along with my son thats almost a year old now i dnt get much ferr time with them because i work all the time just like everyone on tow411 but is for a better life . thats part of my life story

Thanks Chris

Soonertator said: 04.14.09

Jared Hahn- At 27 I am the youngest heavy driver at our company, been towing about 10yrs 2 in the army and about 8 out. I enjoy towing so much sometimes I cant believe I get paid for it. LOL

curvin said: 04.22.09

Curvin Martin 24 2nd generation tower. I have been an owner for three years. Started driving tow trucks at eighteen and have been riding along since I was knee high to a toadstool. I love what I do and would not trade it for any other job

The guy with the purple trucks.
www.eastowing.com

RedWolfNC said: 04.27.09

name is Levi, I'm 25 years old about to go on 26 in june. My brother got me into two 7 years ago. he's been twoing for 13 years now. We started our company in 2006 when I was 23.

gen4towman said: 04.28.09

Im Zach im 16 almost 17 and ive been ridin with my dad and grandpa since i could walk. My grandpa was killed in a towing accident in 2001 one. (going to be inducted on the wall of the fallen this fall) Business was started 60 some years ago by my great grandfather and grown since. That makes me the fourth generation towman from our family business, Benefiel Truck Repair and Towing.

TowCoTN said: 04.28.09

Mike, 19 I own TowCo Towing in Chattanooga, TN. I started with one truck about 2 years ago and now I have 2 Flatbeds, 1 self loader and 2 medium duty wreckers. I hve been around towing since I could sit in a car seat my Grand father has 32 trucks in Dallas. He owns Pro-Tow wrecker. That is where I learned and thought I learned it all until I started my own.

Mike Phillips
Pro-Tow Wrecker Service
Dallas, TX cell: 972-922-2200

Unknown Member Name: 04.29.09

Hey my names Becky and I'm 22. I'm the owners daughter and I've been going on tows with my dad since I was a little one. I decided a few years back that I can do whatever my brothers do so I went out and got my permit to drive the big trucks. I am now a full time Wreckmaster certified class A CDL driver and I love every minute of it. Gettin dirty doesn't stop me.

ExpressTowAaron said: 05.12.09

My name is Aaron and i'm 25, i've owned Express Towing for going on 5 years now. The company was started solely to service our family auto shop, due to health reasons my parents were forced to retire and sell the auto shop but the tow company is going strong. We are currently scouting property for our next branch!

ExpressTowsig.jpg

Unknown Member Name: 05.02.09

My name is Andrew and I am a first generation tower I am 20, Currently I am Dispatch and Impound Manager at my company. Been doing this since I was 18. When I started I had no connection to this industry and still dont besides my self. I am Southwest Tow Operators Certified and have my wrecker liscence(sp) and run casual on the weekends if we get in a bind. I am currently training to run a heavy wrecker when I turn 22 and working on getting TRAA certified. Once I started I have not looked back, I love everyday of my job.

tripod said: 08.28.09

g'day my names michael ( tripod ) 15 really love towing....
allways have since my dad started driving tow trucks....
unfortunately and it kind of makes me ashamed but im not going to follow in my dads footsteps.....
im hoping to do a mechanic trade instead but i allways have hope to do towing later on down the track i really enjoy everything about towing im practically obsessed with the towing and recovery industry.....
i would love to do anything that involves trucks....
so ive got my fingers crossed in another couple of years to drive heavys the main section of towing i really like......

tripod....

RaymondsAuto Repair said: 01.03.10

glad to see all this young blood out there !! that's good for all us "old" guys who don't have young family members to take over, when we are not able. I am also glad to see a few have the ambition and the drive to start their own companies. I would like to wish all of you a good life in the towing business. The future is what you decide to make it !! Work hard but take time to enjoy life..

JRhd34 said: 01.07.10

J.R. - i'm 28 years old- Second generation owner/manager been running daily operations for some 5 years now. Got my CDL @ 18 and been running a rotator for 8 years now. Like many hear have been around the biz all my life and acquired the respect of my piers. My father who has been doing this for 50 years now taught me the old school way which really is a nice contributor to all the training and certifications i have gone through. Not to mention having some of the best mentors and teachers along the way like Tom John Jr, Butch, and Norm. Dont have any kids yet but just cashed in my playboy lifestyle about a year ago and got settled down with a lovely woman (she puts up with me) and plan to get married in the next year or so.

Hoiser Hooker said: 01.09.10

I'm Shaun, 25 years old. Been towing since 16. Been going on runs since I have been 12. My father started the service in 1996. Been going strong since. Only do Med-Light Duty towing. Plan on running the business till i'm dead and gone lol.
Im on facebook under Shaun Ratts. add me

HHsig.jpg

Roadside31069 said: 01.14.10

Hi I'm Stephen, 24, been around the towing business since I was about 12 use to go with my best friend and his dad on calls with Singleton Towing. Lived down the street from Mike of Mike Wells Towing and went to school with his daughters. Went to his shop everyday after school swept floors and waited to ride with drivers on call. After a while he built a service truck for me to run, started in the wreckers about a year later. Worked for him a few years and quit after a dispute with another driver. Went to work for Tri-County towing in Byron and ran rollback and helped with the transport trucks from time to time. Worked at Tri-County for about a year left when my father got terminally ill. Took a job with AutoZone as a Parts Manager and went back to work for Mike part time. Really wanna go back full-time but don't want to lose the benefits of working for a big corporation. Who knows what the future has in store for me.

MikeWellssig.jpg

DodgeTowGuy134 said: 01.24.10

I'm 29 and my wife is 27, we have a son and he's 8

qs said: 01.24.10

I am Kyle, 21, 1st generation tower. Got hooked when I was just trying to get a job. Got hired as a dispatcher and hung out with the veteran drivers a lot and made friends with a few of them. Got in a disagreement with one of the owners of that company and was relieved of my job. Wanted back into towing, so I asked Gary Schumacher(schu) for some help and he graciously pointed me in the right direction. Now I work for an awesome business doing what I have a passion to do! I hope to go through Wreckmaster 2/3 this spring at Zips and 4/5 in the fall and get my Class A CDL before I turn 23.

Mater1 said: 01.27.10

Mitch, I am 25 from started towing when I was 18. Been driving and learning all about heavy work for a while now.

Unknown Member Name: 01.29.10

My name is Jeremy. I am a first generation tower. I started about 5 years ago towing in the army. Running a M984 Hemtt wrecker. Mostly towing the M1070 Het tractor. Now I run a 1986 International Cargostar 1850B with a Weild Built 16ton bed. I have loved my time running light duty and some medium. Looking forward to my newer truck when we can get it. 

nissan36 said: 03.04.10

I'm 30; my dad and I have owned a towing business for about 7 years and have been operating tow trucks for 15 years. My dad is a mechanic; I have been around tow trucks my whole life. I am learning new stuff everyday and am eager to continue learning!

wreck85 said: 08.28.10

Im Randy I'm 24 i currently Run my family business in kingston ontario, Canada I grew up in the industry,started driving fulltime the day i turned 16, I also do all of our book keeping and Majority of our mechanical repairs. we run 4 wreckers and 1 Tilt and load. Can operate light,flatbed and medium .

wreckergirl said: 08.28.10

my names katie im 29. have been towing since i was 16.i love it!. i just started my company Allstar towing and recovery with my ford wrecker and am in the process of buying a flatbed. my kids dakota 9yrs,javlin8yrs and lexus5yrs love riding in the truck and helping with upkeep and repairs.

ALLSTAR TOWING & RECOVERY
24hr towing & roadside Assistance.
Coleman wi 920-594-0432
"Just one call & you're hooked"

KirbysTowing said: 08.29.10

My names Nathan 22 yrs old, been aroung towing and auto salvage my whole life and wouldnt do anything else!  Me and my dad run the towing and salvage business together and its has been in the family for years. My primary trucks I run are an 04 Ford 450 with a century wheel self loader, and a 98 chevy 3500HD with a 19ft jerrdan.

Kirbysig.jpg

Towing U said: 08.28.10

I'm Randy -26, 3rd generation tower and towing operations manager for our company since 2005. We started out as a Texaco Service Station in 1953, a full service shop in 1970's, then we expanded into towing in the early 1980's . I started driving / operating tow trucks solo since i was 16.As for the state organization if there is one in va that can stand a float for more than 6 months will have something.

Junoir 42 said: 09.05.10

I'm Chance, 26, and I won't lie... I tried to avoid getting into this business. I was just never a fan of the schedule, as a kid my father missed a lot of my ball games and whatnot due to work. Wouldn't trade him for the world, though, he has done more for me along with my mom than most parents would ever dream of. That said... employees helped raise me at times, and I was a damn brat, poor guys/gals. I went to college, tried working at other places ... always picked jobs involving some sort of physical labor though. At 18 I was cutting and welding awnings, going to Mississippi and back as a full time student while in a frat. Then worked valet, joined the PD to setup a career move into the FBI, decided that line of work was enjoyable but not ultimately what I wanted to do. Moved back home and decided to work for Dad again, to "get back on my feet financially"... that was about 2 or 3 years ago. Now I manage our new location and slip seat between a roll back, medium duty, heavy duty and slide axle trailer. I've been around the business since I was 2, assisted with my first HD recovery around 10, and would work every summer with my old man to make some extra cash and help out. Now I do everything at this location and learn something everyday. I'm easy to spot, just look for the kid with long hair in a Bar 'S' truck, with a straw hat or bandanna on and sleeves rolled up with grease on my face. I've never been able to stay clean when in the medium or heavy, mom loved that when I was at home and it came time to do laundry. That or just look for the pete with a stainless bed in the hammer down lane if I'm empty.

If anyone is ever in the central/west central Louisiana area don't hesitate to call if you need a hand, we're always willing to help out fellow towers. 318 487 0037 is my office number and I have everything from series 10 roll backs to a 50 ton HD and a 70 ton slide axle.

Certainly a trip down memory lane every time I bring this topic back around. In fact in the past 16 years, this topic has cycled 14 times. Wow....

JTC Towing said: 04.23.13

Haven't seen this before.. I'm Casey Love I'm the owner of JTC Customs Inc I'm 27 started this business from scratch 4 years ago I have 7 trucks 11 drivers working 2 locations. Love my job. Would rather work a recovery on a sat night than any local bar.. As I herd when I started it gets in your blood. I'm level one IITR and level 2/3 WreckMaster.

Dowhytowing said: 05.18.13

Logan Dowhy 26- owner/operator of Dowhy Towing & Recovery. Started business 7/10/2010. Been a long rough road but things couldn't get better. Started with one flatbed and just myself... Now up to 4 trucks and 3 guys... Was a welder by trade... Eye Doctor said no more welding... I always loved tow trucks so I thought start a towing business and here I am 3 years later..