Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

How many drivers does your company need to hire right now?  

TowZone

How many drivers does your company need to hire right now?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just do not understand why people do not want to work. We have raised wages and increased benefits and no takers. It is going to get harder for this industry to get drivers to do this job. Uline by us a couple of weeks ago had a full page add in the news paper for warehouse workers starting at $25 to $ 30 an hour depending on experience what shift you would be working, along with some other companies by us in the same range. I read in yesterdays paper that Walmart was going to offer truck driving jobs to their warehouse and fulfilment center workers. They would have to go through the companies 12 week course and the starting pay was $95,000.00 to $112,000.00 per year. 

• 2 months later...

I am late to this post, but we currently need 2 heavy drivers and 3 Class "A" Trailer drivers...been looking for over a year now. Hard to compete with what the big companies are offering, but we are trying.

HD Towers unfortunately are a dying breed...nobody wants to do it anymore.

Chuck MacLellan

ERSCA Certified Independent Trainer