Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Many in the Towing Industry are Surprised by this...

TowZone

Are you aware the number of Police Vehicles which have been struck in 2021 compared to previous years.

Did you know more Police Officers have been Struck and Killed than Tow Truck Operators this year.

According to Todd Leiss there were 29 Law Enforcement Officers, 22 Tow Truck Operators, 8 Fire/EMS Personnel, 2 Road Service Technicians and 2 Safety-Service Patrol Operators struck and killed in secondary crashes in 2021, 63 total.

6263.jpg

The Tow Truck I drive was struck 3 times in the past years. Twice I was out of it and once in was in it.

How many more need to be lost before this become serious enough?

My Prayers are that not one more Roadside Death will be reported this year. Since there are only a few days remaining can a get an reaction in reply....

• 2 weeks later...

It is pretty senseless that anyone has to lose their life to such an event. I drive a heavy duty truck when I am  out of the office and it astounds me to see how many drivers are typing away on those little cellphones as they pass me all day long. I would say it is 90% of passenger vehicles that go by me on the interstates. Sad.

Mark