Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Are they still in business?

Topic from 2015:

Has anyone been getting any volume, let along any calls from Road America? Seems that they dried up on calls...

doingitall tubered.gif said:

I get a couple a week, though a lot less than 2014. Volume does appear to have gone away.

EKYtow55 tubeyellow.gif said:

We went through a dry spell no calls for over a month, but now they call about ever day with a State Farm customer needing service, I think that's the only account that would produce any volume.

Vernon75 said:

I seem to get 2 or 3 a week. it's always been that way with them so nothing has changed.

Weboslh said:

Maybe, just maybe, cheating providers in anyway possible has finally came home to roost. Just sayin".

Dodgetowuy134 tubered.gif said:

We haven't heard from them in probably almost a year

DodgeTowGuy134 I would call your regional manager, I believe you are in the same region as we are and does State Farm use Road America there or Agero?

Dodgetowguy134 tubered.gif said:

In our area state farm is through RAMC, but usually the customer calls us direct and pays us then gets reimbursed by their agent if they have roadside coverage

middeltatow said:

I've done 4 calls this year to date for them. Every now and then i get a State Farm call from them which i dont understand because here they use Agero.

~ I'm not an attorney, nor do I represent to be one. I provide my personal opinion and that on behalf of myself, my company and our operations.

I just wondered how everybody else is doing business with Road America, never had a big volume with them but nothing in the last few months and noticed not a lot of activity on here either, but I guess with the overall drop in all calls that ratio would work out to nothing!

Back when they had the Good Sam RV contract, they were a very high volume club, but after they lost the rebid on that contract they sent to a very low volume....BUT, last I knew they still had the contract to service HOG (Harley Owners Group), so when more bikes get out on the road, then the motorcycle tow call volume should go up...(if they still have the HOG contract that is, last I knew that still had it)

They have a lot of Commercial Fleet Accounts like PH&H, Wheels, A.R.I., EasyCare, and several others but no calls, I was out on a call the other day and my regional manager called for help on a RV involved in the recent Toronados that hit in our surrounding counties, but I didn't have real good signal on my cell and lost connection with him!

Yeah, we get the wheels and PHH calls too, but the volume just isnt there anymore with RAMC like it used to be....

Weboslh said:

I am doing absolutely great with Road America. Rates are terrific, calls are easy, and their reps are top of the line.
Best Regards,
P.S. just can't say enough about them.....ha............ha........................ha!

Blue Stripe said:

We went from a primary position to a secondary position with them because a local competitor took the bait for a lower rate schedule due to the "high volume of State Farm calls".... Whatever. Every call usually ends up becoming a billing nightmare, so no big loss really.

Its split up with State Farm, some parts of the country is with Road America and other parts with Agero, I think its on a trail basis to see which works the best for them!

ESC tubegreen.gif said:

The same has happened here.  Local guy started from his house.... running for half the price we are.  We only seem to get the problem calls recently.  We used to get alot of good work from them.  Not in the past few months.

Sorry, Forgot to add that in PA it is Agero handling the State Farm calls

SnH Recovery said:

We done the renew contract at State Farm time and we came out ahead and got better volume 10-25 a week But still same ole  MC BS cut pay in end and have to fight for money 

~ I'm not an attorney, nor do I represent to be one. I provide my personal opinion and that on behalf of myself, my company and our operations.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...