Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Ran Out of Motor

Topic Originally Create by Joetoww in July of 2007:

This one needed Help Up The Hill.

big load little engine so we gave him a boost

Joe0707A.jpg

250,000+lbs w/ truck n trailer weight

Joe0707B.jpg

Joe0707C.jpg

Joe0707D.jpg

the baddest 1040b east of the Mississippi

Joe0707E.jpg

and the boniface interstater to help pop the top off this mamma jamma

Eliminator II said:

Now that was a long day , but it paid very well .

autoexpresstow69 said:

third pic ....even the sign was trying to get out of the way!

Edstowing said:

I don't know Joe...an old man once told me "everybody's bad until the bad man comes"....

Nice job, where was that at?

gentlyrotate said:

Thats what KT Cummins motors are for...... 1,150 cubic inches, 19 liters for you folks in europe...... Nice job Joe, after reading your disclaimer and consulting with my legal team, I officially have to say, um, good lookin trucks dude! lol, on a more serious note, was was in the Western Star, that sure is a load, he run out of gears?

newtotow said:

Good job what was the load Did he not have the power or did he break down

joetoww said:

thanks for your comments guys Quintin i think it had an n14 cummins in it little hp 425 maybe,.... little trans,.. guy put super single tires on it, got himself a big trailer poof ,,,,,,instant heavy hauler.......Robert yes just ran out of motor could not get rolling again on the grade

Dualie said:

Probably running 425 in front of a 13spd with high way rears. I have no doubt that my lil 475Hp Heavy haul could have pulled the load up the hill at half the speed of smell in Low/Low might even pull it in 1st! with 52,000Lb 4.10 .

There would be a pound of clutch dust on the ground if I had to stop on that hill though. I have always hated 2spd rears so no deep reduction on my truck.

And the really big power house Cummins motors were the factory KTTA Cummins motors Twin turbo charged Aftercooled Cummins KT motors. Factory rated to 600HP.