Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Under the Wire

We were called by the NJSP for a single vehicle accident about 20 miles away. Knowing the area it was in I was fairly confident it was going to be in the woods. I started out to the scene in my wrecker and called one of the guys to bring a flat bed. 

20200829_080740.thumb.jpg.82189fbf7b81a646e0e88d90773d682f.jpg

20200829_080645.thumb.jpg.9b251d5084425f7be38e236431aca069.jpg

Once I arrived I found a Chevy pick up had left the road, waffled a pole and went into the woods, hitting a tree and stopping about 40 feet off the road. Shortly after I arrived the supervisor of the phone company arrived and gave us the bad news that the crew to get the wires out of the way was over an hour away. He gave us the go ahead to work around the wires, so we went to work.

I first ran a low line to spin the front seat from the tree and towards the road. Once lined up I moved forward to a spot where the wires were about 10 feet off the ground and started pulling the truck out. Since the trooper took off when he heard the phone companies eta, I grabbed the truck and brought it across the street to a parking lot to load it in comfort. 

• Like 4