Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

From TowTimes.com - Pressure, Mother Nature and Spring

TowBot

Sprouts-in-Spring.jpg

by Geri Roskopf:

The governor of my state of Wisconsin just extended the safer at home order through May, and like most businesses, I’m wondering what else I have to do to keep moving forward.

I believe one of the hardest things to do right now to get through this crisis is to have faith and trust. To have faith and trust in the government to give us factual and up-do-date data, that scientific research can create testing and a vaccine, and we need to trust ourselves and others to make sure we do the best we can to keep healthy and safe.

There is immense pressure though. I remember a story my older sister told me about a time when my dad lost his job and the Salvation Army dropped off a couple of bags of groceries. She said my mom and dad, while grateful, were humbled and embarrassed to accept charity. My dad was a carpenter and a hard worker, so I can only imagine the pressure he felt by not being able to provide for his family.

I’ve been looking for help to relieve some of my pressure, and a little bit came from Mother Nature and the wonder of spring. I don’t have a green thumb, so when I see little, green plant sprouts coming up through the ground after a long, harsh winter with no help from me, it gives me hope. If they survived, so can I.

I don’t want to make light of what we as a country are facing. Every day I hear about the loss of life, job losses, etc. But I also hear encouraging stories – like with my family – of so many helping others. I’m hoping all of you have something or someone to help you stay positive for whatever pressures you feel right now.

m3H-0PJASAs

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com