Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

made waves in aaa land today

Tow411

Topic was Originally Created by Newberrys in May of 2008:

I was called to go 12 mi to tow a car 7mi then drive 8 more home at my rate it paid 45.90 I told the dispatcher I couldnt do it she said (but you never turn calls down) I said i know but what do i do she said im not supposed to say anything but we are haveing a hard time gettin calls covered everywhere. I said well maybe that should tell corporate something. She asked who the next closest provider was I told her. I later called him and he did the job! drove a total of 68 mi for 78$ WOW do the math on that. No wonder we cant make a stand.

AIKTOW4U said:

maybe that provider was using his motorcycle to tow the members auto and could therefore show a profit. I gotta get me one of them cycles that can tow a truck and recover autos in the ditch.

EdsTowing said:

Not to sound funny...But have you guys ever tried to negotiate a better deal with the club? Is there attitude that this is not an option? The more I see rate issues on here the more it surprises me that they vary so much between clubs. Short in town tows like you described are certainly not a huge profit center for us as well. That job would of been around $52.00...not a home run... We do quite a bit of distance runs for them that makes up some of the shortage on base jobs. Yesterday we went to Brooklyn & Bronx NY, Edison NJ, and northern PA besides the local calls. These 4 jobs were 740 miles round trip together and it paid a little over $1400 plus the tolls ($50.00 which they pay). We do real well on wrecks as well which helps the bottom line.

I was just curious if your providing good service, will they entertain a better rate to keep the piece and keep everyone in check?
Thanks,
Ed

fairway said:

I don't know Ed. I had lunch with my field rep today and he told me that the club has already exceeded it's budget for the year. So no more money for us. He did pay for lunch though...

unknown member said:

My reps favorite line is " its not in our budget to pay you anymore, we are already over budget by blah millions." I looked him dead in the eyes and said " and do you think its in my budget to pay 5 dollars a gallon while being paid an rate equivalent to that of 2.74 a gallon". funny thing hes never had an answer to tell me.

NEWBERRYS said:

Our field rep for AAA in eastern IA is probably the nicest most down to earth rep of all time. Yes I have tried to negotiate with him but the problem is that it seems that we already make more than some other providers that i have talked to , let me tell ya he is sure to bring that up when asking for rate increase, and always finds a very nice way to say no!!! However he has always been on my side when a question arises about getting what i got coming. For my company I regret to say that MCs are a large part of my light duty towing income, and that concernes me BIGTIME. I just dont have the b@l(s to tell them to fly a kite for good 'cause I feel I need there income even if it leaves a lot to be desired. I am just waaay more selective than ever before!

TOwBoY88 said:

The REP said "You are already one of the highest paid in the area..."

People still fall for that line..?