Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

customer covered for up to $75

Tow411

Topic Originally Created by bubtowco in January of 2017:

if a customer is covered up to $75 and my contract rates only add up to $50. how can i get paid the full $75 

doingitall r54_1559570275.gif said:

Why should you be paid $75 when your agreed rates are $50 for the service? Just because the customer is covered "UP TO $75" certainly does not mean you get paid $75 automatically ...

Is this a trick question ...?
I must be missing something.

bubtowco said:

Not a trick question. Just trying to take advantage of the situation. They take advantage of us all they time.

ccg said:

I really don't understand your Question. my word is my bond,wether it be with a motor club or an individual. I would rather be part of the solution than the problem. In other words if you are working to cheap then renegotiate your contract to a profitable rate. 

bubtowco said:

I should have worded it as a yes or no question. Can I still get paid the full amount?

So when you say "taking advantage of the situation", you really mean "committing fraud". Got it.

bubtowco said:

shot myself in the foot on that one. not a very good first topic post. i didn't think of it as fraud. i was obviously wrong. thanks for your replies.

OK, so you get that point. That said, I am no fan of Agero and the BS they perpetrate on all of us as contractors. I have acceptable rates with them, and it took years of pushing to get decent rates. I do not take every call because many are not profitable. I am certainly not their first call either because I will not work at a loss. I do however fight for every penny I am owed, and I have told them often that it is easy to abuse me because of the system they have in place. They just decide that the mileage is not correct so they just use a fictitious number to cheat me. They have the money. Clearly they do that, and they have almost admitted that to me. That means it takes more time and frustration to get paid correctly, and admittedly sometimes it just isn't worth it. I actually take it a different direction a little, and when I submit invoices I enter whole miles (my agreement does NOT say that Agero agrees to pay by the inch, tenth or hundredth of a mile), and always round up. Because I do that, I expect each invoice to be "adjusted" some. I agree that the fact that Agero does this is wrong in a number of ways, but I admit that I am disappointed when an invoice is not "adjusted", because I think that many times that means that I left money on the table. Agero is so tied up in paying the least amount possible that paying the invoice I submitted in full somehow means that they may have paid just a little more. I do not know that this is correct, but that is how I feel about it.

So the nickel and diming paying by the inch I have come to expect. My current rep pretty much told me to suck it up or get lost, actually that might be a direct quote, he is very "professional". When I submit an invoice I knowingly enter mileage on the high side, many times it is paid with no adjustments. Additionally, I often ask for return mileage on calls over a certain distance, and will refuse the call if I cannot get that paid. Always ask for additional fees when needed, but make sure it is approved and documented. My big one is skates, and if I can justify their use and Agero refuses to pay for their use, I will leave the vehicle and take my GOA. Same with ANY call that will take additional time or equipment. I get paid for being a professional, so should you. If you need better rates, tell them. Be prepared for "no", and be prepared to fire them if they are not a valuable customer. Your business, your rules. Truth is they may get me on an invoice, but with time and experience, I get a little here and there too ... Learn to play the game.

bubtowco said:

thanks doingitall

EHYtow55 r53_1559570274.gif said:

Let me answer your question, when you receive a dispatch you need to no the coverage limits such as covered in full or dollar limit such as you have been told $75.00 they (Agero) will pay up to that covered amount anything over that is the customers responsibility, how you come up on what to charge is based on your contracted rates, your enroute miles if any, hook-up fee if any, towed mileage if any X what your rates are = $0000

• 11 months later...