Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Agero Has Lost Their Mind

Tow411

Topic Originally created by rdonchan in December of 2014:

I hope the Agero reps that creep on this board reads this and sees our opinion of their behavior! We took a call for them where the customer had a certain $$ amount of coverage. We called the customer and told them what their out of pocket expense would be and the customer  agreed and told us to send a truck. When we drove 20 miles to the pickup the customer then informed us that we could go back home. They stated they had called around and found someone cheaper on the overages. I explained that I did not believe they could just call random places and the roadside would just pay anyone for their part.
 The customer said , "we didn't call around,the roadside people called around and found someone." We called Agero and got a supervisor who assured me that Agero does not do that. I explained that they did do it because I am sitting beside the road with their customer and they are telling us to leave. Finally it was established that the supervisor meant it was not Agero policy to shop prices on overage. We were told then and several times before that we do not price shop. Once a provider accepts the call and the customer ok's the overage, Agero is out of it. Then they threw in the obligatory "we know that is you guy's bread and butter and we don't want to mess with your living" speech. They also said they could counsel the dispatcher involved and bla bla bla. I went to my next call which took about an hour and a half and when I drove back by the location , the person was still sitting there. I just honked and waved at how warm and fuzzy it made me feel.

This morning Agero called with a person with only a certain amount of coverage needing towed. We gave them the overage costs and then the dispatcher asks to "call me back" . When we ask what does she need to call back for she tells me she needs to get some other prices for overages. I tell her that Agero does not operate that way and to get her supervisor on the line. She then tells me that she has to get 3 estimates and see who is the lowest, then hangs up on me.

Agero if this is something that you people are going to do, what is the benefit of us being contracted with you and giving you a break on prices? We can just give you retail rates on everything and you can pay up front with a credit card and we can all just do away with the contracted provider thing. Your dispatchers can dial for dollars on every call. How would you like that?

In Memory of NationalAutow who said:

Agero seems to be the odd man out lately.

Most other clubs are beginning to realize what this kind of crap does to their provider base and they know they cannot afford it.

More and more providers are realizing what they are worth. They are also realizing how much money they can lose by doing business the Agero way. They are not being taken in by the hogwash they are being fed by dispatchers, supervisors and area managers.

They will come around eventually. I say that because I think they are big enough to survive. The question is if and when?

OLDTOW said:

We have had that happen to us more times than I can count. What really gets my shorts in a bind is that when I talk to the other companies in the area, and they tell me they have taken several calls and when we discuss the particular vehicle and destination, they say ohhhhhhh yeah, we did that one. They are not contracted with Agero, and they tell me they charge Agero retail rates with a CC up front. Does that make any sense whatsoever? Maybe it is just me....

rdonchann said:

They will pay a non contracted double before they will pay the contracted ones what they are due

oldwinch r52_1559570274.gif said:

what sense does it make to be contracted with them?????? credit card up front makes more sense.i beleave the word contracted in the motor club world, means we screw you.

chevy2 said:

I've had the same thing happen here they will pay a non contracted Co twice what they would pay me on a call.

EKYtow55 r53_1559570274.gif said:

You are right on the CC deal but you will hardly ever get a call, I do Allstate that way but very seldom get a call from them!

ABCDISCOUNTOFSMITHBOROSC said:

ABOUT AGERO OUT OF POCKET MONEY ???????.....On the Agero subject here is what I do not understand ........... Back in the CCMC days the dispatcher would call the primary , get a quote , and the customer had a take it or leave it decision to make .90% of the time the customer would pay the price to get service .The out of pocket money that we collected made their discounted calls worth running ........... Fast forward to Agero 2014. The Agero dispatchers calls everyone who will answer the phone to get the "best price " quote for the customer . W.T.F. Agero is shooting their self in the foot on this tactic . (1) Out of pocket money has always made these type of calls profitable and a priority for the provider (2) Agero could hire less staff if they would stop this time wasting tactic saving the empire millions each year (3) The customer sits without service for much longer than when CCMC had the take it or leave it price quote policy (4) It confuses the customer ..............................There is no other club on the planet that I know of that does this time wasting tactic . ..................................Same goes with these crazy 45 minute ETAs . The dispatchers will spend an hour to get a 45 minute ETA when they could have taken an hour ETA an hour ago . I see this practice everyday ........................... Agero needs to pay close attention to what is happening at Allstate . E-Z billing / net money in 4 business days / rates that make a profit .. ...................... I think in the end Agero will handle the insurance companys and Allstate will handle Allstate and the manufacturers.

EKYtow55 r53_1559570274.gif said:

The only rates that I have seen Allstate offer would have been good back in the 80's! also I have had other MC's shopping prices for tows and overages.