Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Warning to future AGERO service providers

Tow411

Topic Originally Created by NationalAutow in May of 2013:

This is being re-posted in Memory of NationalAutow...

It was bound to happen.

We had a new dispatcher the other night. He apparently did not get the memo that we will not service Agero. He took a lockout call from them and promptly dispatched the newest driver we had and he performed the service flawlessly..

Now let's talk about getting paid. Check that. Let's talk about the tow company getting screwed.

I have over 3 hours in this so far and no one at Agero will even acknowledge that they have received the invoice even though it has been faxed 3 times and mailed once. I was given a number of someone to call back and his extension does not work. His name is Bob. Anybody know ole Bob at Agero?

I do not have a provider number and I apparently can't submit on line. According to the people I do get to talk to, they will pay me in a couple of weeks. At this point it is running as an even money bet that I won't get paid at all.

I can't discipline the driver. He did what he was told to do. I can't discipline the dispatcher because he was not made aware of the policy. If I fire the manager (which I probably should do) it will cost me a lot of money because nobody works as cheap as I do.

The warning to future providers is here on tow 411. Read the horror stories of getting paid. Add this story to it. If you do business with them, you have been warned. When you go broke from listening to their line of BS, it will be your own fault.

To AGERO: You have not heard the last of this. You will be at a tow show one day. You will be spilling your line to some unsuspecting young tow person trying to sign them up with all of your promises. I promise you, he will hear my story. I may not ever get my money but I'm like an elephant, I don't forget.

Schu said:

Bob is the name of their automated Dispatcher

In Memory of Charlie Amann:

yup the computer dude. i feel ya we dumped them to and its funny we dont have damage claims anymore from all the hillbillies we used to service for them. good luck on getting paid

slammedSSled said:

We dropped them 2 months ago. I have sleep better every since.

shadowtowing said:

Thats why I am hesitant to sign on with any motor club they don't have many providers in my area so we get calls from them but they pay with a cc

wreckerman05 said:

Shadowtowing-if your getting calls now ,you better off doing them on C/Card and getting paid at your rates--once you sign up you usually get the Motor Club treatment---low pay,low volume,cut invoices $$$---

bigberthastowing said:

ake the CC in advance of moving on the job, and call it in right away.

Fredstowingnj said:

Yeah do not do a job unless you get a credit card and run it before you leave.NEVER NEVER trust them

0996dd48f5b0d34e67ff70a390197980afacc380

shadowtowing said:

Yep we always run them, that night it was real close about 5miles away.

Ed Johnson said:

We are not signed up with any motor clubs. When we get a call from a club, we advise them of the charges for the service and ask for a credit card. Problem solved.

HOWEVER - over two months ago we received a tow call from Agero for Honda and mistakenly accepted a purchase order number. We are having the time of our life getting payment and they always have an excuse for why we have not received a check. A little over a week ago, they told us a check would be sent out immediately. It has not arrived.

So, what is next? I am going to send a letter to the customer who expected proper service and tell him we never got payment and demand payment of him. We probably won't get payment, but he will certainly know how well his warranty is taking care of him.

A letter will also be sent to Honda USA to let them know how well their customers are being cared for.

Copies of both letters will also be sent to Agero.

Randall L Dawson said:

I agree with Big Bertha and Ed Johnson, it is the only way to deal with all these third-party thieves, Randy.

Unknown Member said:

Our problem is we have companies towing for 25.00 in a 10 mile radius for Agero. All they are doing is hurting business for the rest of us. The bad thing about Agero is you do the tow and they have all these reasons your check is short. Allstate is the worst. They want me to go 10 miles and hook up tow 5 miles further then drive back 15 miles for 30.00 do the math and now they refuse to pay goa's.

thtdon r55_1559570275.gif said:

I think that we are seeing the beginning of the end of getting paid for GOAs.  Agero refused to give me a GOA a few nights ago because I failed to call them within 15 minutes of the ETA.  Of course, I WAS ON HOLD WITH THEM FOR OVER 15 MINUTES!  When the day comes that the motor clubs officially and formally stop paying us for GOAs, with me, they will get one shot.  If I dispatch a truck to the CORRECT location, the member is not there, and we leave the scene empty handed, that's the end of it.  If they call back later, trying to give me a revised location, they're out of luck.  As it is now, I do that at night.  I only go out once at night. 

thtdon

Diesel Wrecker said:

Ok OK OK don't fire the manager but you can discipline him for not giving the memo to the new dispatcher. I suggest a couple of slaps so he don't forget to do it again. LOL

• 11 months later...

Here in Philadelphia, PA we do as of this moment still receive payment for goa's but my question  is if say I drop agero what is my next option? Done copart, done iaa, but motor clubs are a new ball park for me? Any advice?