Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Suggestion on how to improve dispatch times for Agero dispatchers

Tow411

Topic Originally Created by GregTowzIt in October of 2013:

Create a database of companies that are not providers for your company that do not want to be called by your dispatchers for whatever reason.  Imagine how much faster your dispatchers could get calls out if they were not to call companies who do not wish to provide services to your customers.  This is the technology age, and a good programmer could easily come up with a program to improve your efficiency.  Just my two cents, but think about it!! I am sure many companies on this forum would agree!!

KOENGS said:

I can't comprehend why anyone would want to be on the list you speak of. Quote them a price, get the CC #, Run it, do the job.

In Memory of NationalAutow who said:

I can tell you why.

Look at Ron Burnes for example. He is in a fairly rural area and he does not want their business at any price and has told them so many times but they call him anyway. He doesn't want the calls even with a CC# because they just aren't worth getting out of bed for. And if they ever are, then you had to take 4 calls from them to get a supervisors approval to spend that much and it is likely that the supervisor did NOT approve the expense so you had to put up with 3 phone calls anyway and you still lost sleep.

We have erred and done work for them at times by mistake. Last one looked like it paid really well but in the end it was "fair" at best. It was our fault as dispatcher took po# but it took a lot of office man hours to finally collect. a credit card would have solved this problem in the short term however it only makes the problem worse overall. By that I mean that Agero is still around making promises they have no intention of keeping and getting rich off of the backs of hard working little guys.

I really should not speak for Mr. Burnes but I have seen his posts enough to know how he feels. I haven't seen him on here in a while but maybe he will chime in on this thread. He is a voice of reason and knowledge like many on this board and his opinions should be considered by most if not all of us.

Back to my position, I'm a tow whore. I do this for money. If Agero catches me on the right day and their wallet is big enough, then I might do something for them again but the odds are against it. You see, even whores have some self respect.

Rod VT said:
Cross Country used to have a "leave us alone" online form that you could submit. The problem is that the dispatchers use the internet now to find providers. Heck, they might be towing.com'sgest customer. So a do-not-call list just doesn't work anymore. Well, I suppose they could get a little shock every time a number on the do-not-call list was dialed...

KOENGS said:
I have only been doing this for 15 years, but in that time i have come to realize a few things...

People Price shop
Motor Clubs Price Shop
Businesses Price Shop
Competitors Price Shop

There is a High percent of times that phones ring and you never stood a chance of getting the tow if your Rates are profitable.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the example you used (Ron Burnes) was at the END of a profitable career, Turning it over to someone or selling (I forget the exact details). Obviously someone that is winding it down is not going to want all the calls he can get, and is at liberty to be highly selective on the calls he takes. This is NOT the case with Most companies.

I am only "Contracted" with one MC, they are low volume but have always done me right.

Although Annoying at times, I want my phone to ring with other MC's with CC's on the other end. That gives ME options. I can turn it down, I can shoot them a high price because I really don't want it but will if they pay. I can give a decent price because unknown to them I have a truck across the street Etc. Etc.

As much as I Despise Telemarketers I will concede that if a company does Not want the calls they should be able to "Opt Out" I just don't understand not wanting the calls.

GregTowzit said:
many reasons, like a company only does heavy and no light towing. then two or three different dispatchers call and wake you up over the course of an hour or so for a call for a service you don't provide anyways.

KOENGS said:
Very valid point, well taken.