Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Durango up in the trees

• Platinum Sponsor

4-30-05

Received a call from a competitor tow company from the next town over that stated that a Dodge Durango had been traveling at an access of 100 mph when the operator lost control on a curve in the road and hit some large trees, and slid up a tree and was hangin up in a tree about 40 feet off the road. He stated that he didn't have any equipment capable of taking it out of the trees and was wondering if we had anything for the job. We said that there was no problem so we responded with our 60 ton rotator with a chainsaw on board, along with a ramp truck. We had to cut down some trees, then we strapped up the Durango, lifted it straight up, and swung it around and placed it on top of our ramp truck. The vehicle was then transported to our Freetown shop.
BWA2005BF.jpeg.83c5184f854e09de4feb58040ede764b.jpegBWA2005BG.jpeg.9b2766e8f87e1bcc081296ac1c7b7b40.jpegBWA2005BH.thumb.jpeg.150e3dbfd77ee4976fde0919522c19af.jpegBWA2005BI.thumb.jpeg.835d8093fee9dd60b922caaba100378d.jpeg

Ed Barker said:

Good job,can you give us an idea on billing a car accident with the tator being used,,,,I am very interested for my own line of billing.,,,Thanks,Ed

Big Wheel Recovery said:

ED there is no problem billing for a tater on a car it saves alot of time and safety to the public I don;t block hiways and plus you would be here for a long time cutting the trees now the troopers ask for the tater so there not there all day I know everyone don;t have the rotater but we do so we use it when it makes our life easier and safer and we have no problem getting paid because we give the insurance the pictures so they can see what we had to do remember we didn't put it there we just recover it so to answer you correct I have no problem getting paid thanks for asking and if you call me i will go over how to bill for something like this and get paid for your professional service.

Ed Barker said:

I appreciate the information and a straight answer,you ask a lot of people that question and they think your ribbing them,I will probably be giving you a call in the near future to get some billing information,we have used our heavy stick booms on autos a few times in the past when we needed more reach but once we get our new rotator I want to be able to use it when necessary on jobs such as yours,,,anyhow thanks again and keep posting those pictures,,,,Ed

Archived