Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Tow truck driver assaulted women who called for tow get prison (LA)

TowNews

COVINGTON, La. – A tow truck driver has been sentenced to six years in prison after being convicted of sexually assaulting three women who had called him to tow their cars.

St. Tammany Parish District Attorney Warren Montgomery says 53-year-old Dale Boudreaux Jr. of Covington was sentenced Monday to six years each on three counts of sexual battery. The sentences are to be served simultaneously.

Montgomery says Boudreaux denied all of the allegations, but was convicted at trial in May. Each woman testified that Boudreaux touched her sexually without permission between June and October 2014. One woman said he tried unsuccessfully to make her perform oral sex on him.

RESOURCE LINK

‘I fear him no more,’ woman says of tow truck driver convicted of sex crimes

RZTXJW54DNCARC2JYK5FIO3B3Q.jpg

A St. Tammany Parish tow truck driver was sentenced to six years in prison Monday (June 10) for committing sexual battery on three women he was called out to assist.

“For four long years, I lived in fear that he would find me and do it again, or do something much worse,” one of the victims said in a written statement to the court. “After I reported the crime I moved eight hours away. I refused to visit my daughter, much out of fear I would run into him. What he caused in my life is awful.”

State Judge William Knight sentenced Dale Boudreaux Jr., 53, of Covington, to six years on each of three counts of sexual battery, with the sentences to be served at the same time, North Shore District Attorney Warren Montgomery’s office said. Boudreaux will be required to register as a sex offender.

Boudreaux was convicted after a one-day trial last month. Three women testified that on different occasions between June and October 2014, Boudreaux was called to assist them with towing a vehicle, but he took advantage of the vulnerable situation and touched them sexually without their permission. In one instance, he tried unsuccessfully to force the victim to perform oral sex on him, authorities said.

Boudreaux testified in his own defense, denying all of the allegations.

The woman who provided the written statement to the court said she had known Boudreaux for 25 years and didn’t hesitate to call him when her vehicle needed to be towed.

After the incident, she said she developed panic attacks and anxiety in social situations where many men were present.

She described those who were hurt by Boudreaux as survivors. “I said survivors and not victims,” she wrote. “I want him to know I fear him no more because fear equals control and I will not allow him to control the beautiful life I have with my husband, son, daughter, stepson, and all of my family, friends and loved ones.”

Assistant district attorneys William Macke and Sharry Scott prosecuted the case, which was investigated by the Covington Police Department and St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office.

RESOURCE LINK