Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

6000 Gallons of Oil: 1-26-06

The trailer was full (right at the 80K GVW) and no one available to unload for a day or two even then they were only looking to get about 40% of the oil off loaded, the passenger side outter skin was severely damaged when it fell in the snow.

With the help of another company and some more damage to the trailer skin it was uprighted full and towed to the shop.

F1106A.jpg

F1106B.jpg

F1106C.jpg

F1106D.jpg

F1106E.jpg

F1106F.jpg

F1106G.jpg

F1106H.jpg

F1106I.jpg

Ed Barker said:

Good job John,nice to see you working with the other fellers,we do that here with a couple of companies ,but only a couple of them ,around here there is just a lot of mistrust ,we give them one shot and if it bites us ,we don't play that game with them again,,,,,,,anyhow glad to see it is working for you that's the way it should be. Anxious to see when you get some paint on that truck,that will be a very nice unit.Stay safe out there.

Auto Rescue said:

I went out about 9PM last night and did a quick survey and tried a pull with both my pete's then left it for day light so the underbelly did get some fresh snowfall on it.

The initial plan was a company was coming out about 9ish or so in the morning to do some unloading but they never showed up in the mean time the county road commission came by with a road grader with a V plow on it and cleared it out as you see in the photo.John R.

Da Wash Boss said:

it looks cold!!!!!!!!!!! what a great job i dont miss them days and nights i like being able to be selective. If i feel like going out we go if not we dont go but i do pass the call on to another towing company who likes the business. Customer service will always be provided by us here.

great job out there and nice pics.
Danny Cassello, East Hartford, CT

Westlake Towing said:

Brrrrrrrrr. Boy does it look cold, though one time during the summer we had a fuel truck on its side and the scene looked simular, fire dept covered the area with foam. Now I remember why I moved to Virginia from South Dakota, looks like a job well done.

michael212 said:

Brrrrrr...... is right! Nice teamwork John!

Thanks for sharing.

sigmichael212.gif

Auto Rescue said:

Have you ever heard "I swerved to miss a deer", well in this case even if there were no snow and it went onto the sandy edge of the road the result would have been the same, this puppy wanted to lay back over even after it was uprighted once the tension on the straps were released, the tail end strap mantained tension until the tractor drive tires were up on the road.John R.

drewmel said:

Yes the "I swerved to avoid a deer" Heard that one about a year and a half ago. Fully loaded tanker 9,000 gallons of gasoline, yeah it was not pretty. Foam all over made for interesting working conditions. Good job, looks a lil cold, but still were able to do a professional jon, Well Done!
-Andy

CASPER1 said:

Nice job and pics.Jimmy R. Collins Jr.
Casper's Body Shop & Wrecker Service LLC

3b9cbc1410b4a56e26df6acc60d3bc54e03ef6d1

Mr Waialae Chevron said:

Hit the deer! And have a little venison afterwards, instead of an overturned truck.

Plus it adds credibility to the claim.
3892519a2b1fbf885fcc9075d0e17825011922bc
Here's to mud in your eye.
Barney

Auto Rescue said:

State of Michigan you swerve to avoid hitting a deer and have a wreck you pay your deductable, if you have proof of the deer like deer hair embedded in the car you do not pay the deductable, go figure

Since they were some distance from me I left my little pete back in town to cover what I needed to do in town and called for the assistance with this, as I said they the oil company were supposed to have a truck to unload about 1/2 the oil then said they could not get one. They showed up this morning to with a tanker to unload for an "hour" at 9:15, they got off 3000 gallons and left at 2:45, and they'll be back in the morning for the rest. The bottom picture shows my driveway with the truck being unloaded

The truck was going to a local mine where they had taken all the regular oil out the day before and were bringing in synthetic oil to replace it with so the mine was out of oil and $83000.00 worth of oil was in this tanker.

The insurance adjuster drove up from down state for first thing this morning also, he said the Mi. dept of Natural Resources has contacted them already about the incident, but no spill means no problem but the DNR is still going to dig up the area in question, I wonder what the bill would be for that?

itowu06 said:

nice recovery!! I did not see any placards though, what type of oil was it loaded with?
Ray, Abilene,Texas

danielswt said:
around here there is alot of hot oil transported without placard's. idont remember exactly what the reason was but they didnt need them.

Auto Rescue said:
Synthetic gear lube, the article in the newspaper said it was not a hazadous item, MDOT was on scene in the morning and had no problem with it and in response to my question about them doing a DOT inspection on it "it was not involved in anything so no" which in all honesty I felt was a good call.

Heavytowman12 said:
John nice recovery. I know what that Atlas can do . That rig did many recoveries when it was a TED'S unit. Looking at the conditions does make me a little ill though. That white stuff does that to me for some reason. Keep up the good work!

pttowguy said:
Great job & pics John! Those tankers all seem to have the need to shed their skin after being rolled over...lol.

87e22cfed84a920b1089f4c1bc5a1cb8d334b5be

• Like 1

John R.___" WATCH YOUR BACK"____