Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

New landing cushions  

Topic Originally Created on Tow411 in October of 2014:

We got to use our new MatJack landing cushions this afternoon. 

We have used them a few times now and they continue to impress us, our customers and the local police departments.

Here is a short video from this afternoon.

Keen 1051 said:
That's nice.

John said:
Very nice !!!

jammer439 tubered.gif said:
Our company purchased the first set in the Western Unites States years ago. They have returned our investment many times. They provide safety and professionalism at the scene.

Be safe out there Ron

In Memory of NationalAutow who said:
Wow, cool, good job

Fetch said:
I was going to ask why the drive was supported and not the steer, but I think I figured it out on my own (Because the steer axle isn't top heavy). Is the engine weight used to upright the truck while it rests on the landing cushions?

Detroit Wrecker tubegold.gif said:
Well Done

Fiers Towing & Recovery said:
Nice job!!

Ed Barker said:
I like them,,,just can't steer myself over the cost of them,,,lol.

pttowguy tubegreen.gif said:
I know what you mean, Ed but the payback is relatively quick. Not every roll over call is a candidate for the air cushions but almost every roll over can be a landing cushion job.
50f1535da778f3db0ed5dfeb7f08e8426ed36c1.png

county145 said:
What are they rated it and do you use a regular air bag recovery compressor and valve block, or a special air block to relieve the air pressure off the bags when the load hits. I have used air bags to up right just have never used the landing bags. They do have their place in the recovery bag of tricks.

Scooby said:
Scott, we appreciate you posting.. and I'm glad your satisfied with our product.

As you know when you purchased, cheap imitations have surfaced of said product, where they even kept dropping their price to get you to sway. Quality products aren't cheap, but they will offer you years of satisfied performance and a great stream of revenue coming in throughout the year.

There's a reason the landing cushions are designed with the shape and height that they are. Additionally, the material is of far greater quality than the cheap imitations that are offered elsewhere.

thanks again for sending me material for my Baltimore "Scooby's mystery theatre" hoping to see you there
e73256d5ee9a22da85e3379546f31ee83c08250.pjpg

50f1535da778f3db0ed5dfeb7f08e8426ed36c1.

Michigan International Speedway - Race Recovery Team Member

Archived