Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

I think they hit a new low

Tow411

Topic Originally Created on Tow411 in 2013:

One of our calls was adjusted after we submitted it. Says it was adjusted to customer limit. I sent in a support ticket on it and told them it says it was adjusted to customer limit but we were told that the customer was covered for the service. I also attached a copy of the dispatch sheet stating so. DENIED! Customer was at their limit.

We have no way of knowing coverage limits other than what we are told.

If you send it to us on a sheet of paper, we expect you to honor it! If the system works like this, how does anybody have assurance they are covered for anything?

This isn't over, I am on the phone next. I just have to make time to hit that generous 3 hour window when they are supposedly available.

chevy2 tubered.gif said:

Good luck getting through You would have better luck calling your area rep.

In Memory of NationalAutow who said:

Exactly why we dropped them ... double speak and short pays and no answers

Somewhere, someday, somebody will have enough of their crap and file a lawsuit. They will then take all that money that they have shorted honest towers and pay it to lawyers to defend them.

Keep working for them. The lawyers need the income.

EKYtow55 tubeyellow.gif said:

have had issues like that before, the problem is with the dispatcher telling you they are covered ALWAYS CHECK for specified dollar amount on your dispatch like for example KIA on lockouts $75.00 claim limit, I'm looking at a dispatch we done Sunday for this, after a while you figure limits each car company has.
West Body Shop, Inc. - Axalta Coatings Systems

rdonchann said:

Oh I know the problem is the dispatcher thinking on their own. There may be a $100.00 limit and the dispatcher will "think" they are covered cause it's only 5 mile tow. Problem is, they do not know our rates and they never think about think about inroute mileage etc. I don't want "covered for service" as an answer. I want miles, dollar amount etc on the sheet and I will decide if they are covered. The dispatchers all act like that is secret info and our security clearance is not a high enough level to know that.

If they are calling us, the $30.00 tow guy is out, and they are at the end of the list cause it has to pay or we don't do it. If this keeps up we wont even do their stuff that does pay our rate.

Steve Catlett tubeyellow.gif said:

I got raked over the coals by these jerks several years ago. we dropped all motor club work. So glad we did alot less stress and we get paid by are customers.

Internationalstar said:

I think if all tow company's refused to work for pennies then all motor clubs would be forced to raise the amount they willing to pay but every one would have to stop! There raping use with there 30 rates and then they don't even want to pay that.
I glad I don't deal with them unless they want to pay our rates

Rod VT tubeyellow.gif said:

I encourage you to not deal with them at all.  Taking their work when they can't find a contracted tower, even by CC at your rates, only perpetuates their systemic abuse of the towing industry.  They still get their customer serviced and they can continue to run towers at slave wages 99% of the time.  The towers occasionally taking calls at regular rates still hurt our industry by allowing the clubs to continue with their lousy contracts... 

wp479e6008_05_06.jpg

anaron said:
Ditto what Rod said! Fired them all in the mid 80's and absolutely refuse to work for any of them at ANY PRICE OR FOR ANY REASON! I will lock the doors before I will tow for a motor club. As far as a GOOD motorclub - there aren't any! This sector of towing has been and is the most destructive force to ever hit the towing industry. As this industry moves more and more into the regulated rate arena, the ridiculously low motor club rates are and will be used as a tool to set unrealistically low regulated rates. It is coming back to bite all of us in the butt!

Ron Burnes

Archived