Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Donations being sought for tow truck driver (OH) CHALLENGE ADDED

TowNews

Tow Truck Driver injured while working in Fairview Park will lose part of his leg.

FAIRVIEW PARK, Ohio — Donations are being asked for on behalf of a tow truck driver who will lose part of his leg after a car slammed into his truck while was working on the side of the road.

On Monday morning, Ronald Urbansky, 53, who works for Patton’s Five Star Towing, was loading a car onto his tow truck in Fariview Park when a 2017 Acura struck the front of his truck which caused his leg to be crushed.

Fairview Park Police had called the tow truck to impound a car involved in an earlier traffic stop. Investigators say the driver of that car did not have a valid license.

Donations can be made out to Ronald Urbansky and mailed to Patton’s Five Star Towing, 29700 Lorain Road, North Olmsted, Ohio, 44070.

RESOURCE LINK

NEW PATRON CHALLENGE ADDED:

I am not even sure if this is right because we have only done this type of donation a couple of times over the nearly 2 decades of Tow411. However, since most will pas this post and forget to send a check. For those who sign up as a New Patron or Bronze Sponsor through Midnight Monday March 25, 2019. I will send those funds in one check with the names of everyone that contributed. Every New Patron/Bronze Level Member will be listed in this topic and a total will be posted. Thank you.

Note: if your supporter status has expired and you no longer display a bar under your screen name now is an opportunity to support a fellow tower. I know I want to do something and this is what we can do together. Watching that Dash Cam Video really hit home and reinforced the unseen dangers we face everyday.

https://www.towforce.net/subscriptions/

OK, just had a supporter ask if they could be invoiced so they could be included. Yes, I can do that however I need the funds in by Midnight Monday March 25, 2019. And all funds submitted will be sent as The Towing Information Network will cover the fees. Which is likely why there is not a gofundme type option.

Pattons Towing Wrote:

Ronald Urbanksy, 53, has been an operator at Patton's for a year now.

While on a Fairview Park Enforcement tow, a vehicle struck Ron's Parked truck. The truck was pushed back by the impact, crushing Ron’s leg. He was in the process of loading the vehicle when the accident occurred. Ron unfortunately will have the lower half of his leg amputated. However, we are all very optimistic about his recovery. In his first two days at the hospital he already has the mindset of coming back to work, which is outstanding giving the seriousness of his injury.

Ron kept our midnight shift in order running calls, keeping our trucks clean, and our shop spotless. He takes so much pride in his work, his truck, and this company. He's one of our key players here and one of our hardest workers.

No news was good news on the midnight shift because he handled most everything that came his way. Always by his side was his coworker Joe Tomasic, who says Ron is like family to him. That statement is true for all of us here.

Any help or donations will go straight to Ron and his family, so any little bit helps. We’ve had so many phone calls and visits of support already. We are all very appreciative. Thank you for your continued support

- Patton's Five Star Towing

I just realized the Challenge Deadline passed at midnight and there were no new Patrons or even a Bronze Sponsor.

I will try to send a check anyway within the next week. Patton's was once an active supporter and contributor to Tow411 topics. It would not be to support one of their drivers during a donation period. Wonder if he qualifies for the Ohio Injured Drivers Fund. Does anyone reading this know?

Archived