Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Scam from Agero!

Tow411

Topic was Originally Created by DragNTow in October of 2012:

I was told today that Algero only pays storage for NIGHTS not days!  WTF???? So if I work a wreck at 7:00 AM today and store the vehicle till 6:00PM tomorrow that is ONE night? The rules change to benefit them. I bet if something was to happen to the vehicle during the day I would be charged for it.
Happy Haulin...........DragNTow

TowZone said:

I blame the entire industry for these variable regarding storage. There should be national standards set for everything but price. Storage should be 24 hours, period. 7pm today would be 7pm tomorrow. Problem is one company says 9am today - 8am tomorrow is two days. That causes motor clubs and police to place these kind of profit loss conditions. 

atrmick said:

This is nothing new , they have used this system for over 8 years I know of.

Rod VT said:

Storage is by the calendar day. This is recognized by all the insurance companies I have ever dealt with. Is it different where you are?
wp479e6008_05_06.jpg

Anaron said:
Won't work in Texas. State law dictates storage day is from midnight to midnight. 1 minute after midnight adds another day!

Ron Burnes
SignatureBanner.jpg

Weboslh said:
Far as I know, Indiana is midnight to midnight.

N Mex Tow said:
New Mexico is also midnight to midnight. Kinda makes sense, that is how you buy insurance.

EKYtow55 said:
Rod VT is correct on the way the Insurance Co. pays ( per calender day ) thats the way it is here in Eastern Ky. and we deal with Insurance Co.'s all over the US never been a issue, Copart & IAA picks up weekly and they usually have the bill figured with storage fees per calender day, I'm sure if they could pay us any other way they would, and yes Agero will try other techniques on storage, but if I pickup one of their vehicles Saturday night and store, tow out on Monday morning I charge them 2 days storage!

rdonchann said:
I charge em 3. Saturday,Sunday,Monday. A new day starts at midnight,just like the calendar.Any partial day is a day.

BlueStripe said:
Storage is charged per calendar day.  Comes in on Monday, leaves on Tuesday, that's 2 days.  When Copart or IAA call for charges on wrecks, they ask for the date of loss.  Even they calculate storage for every day it was here, including the day it came in and the day it leaves. 
Chris Flynn, WM 091008
Boardman Towing & Recovery
ESC said:
Same problem with them here in southeastern pa It seems they now call us with only the leftover work that the cheap guy can't figure out how to load, or if it needs something "special" like dollies. Or even when the cheap guy can't seem to show up for the job in a reasonable time. We used to take every call they gave us as we were treated fair and got all their work in our area. 5-10 mile radius of our shop. I didn't mind taking the good with the bad at that point. But when they seem to only call with the problem jobs I am not interested. We now have to be very careful in what calls we take from them. They went to the cheap guy after our ratings on their silly chart were all over 95%. They straight left our great service for price. Now we see alot of angry customers around this area.

Archived