Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

A little old school

Tow411

Topic was originally created on Tow411 by Stapleytowin in May of 2007:

Here is picture from about 1990ish, Dad with our old Louisville towing an old chevy loaded with potatoes.

Notice the brake buddy, sitting in the truck LOL This was before the truck was painted.. The truck was all black with hot pink booms, and hot blue stripping (remember the 90s) The truck had a 3208cat and a 5&2 tranny, oh yeah the baby v8 cat had a straight pipe too.

Awesome old truck. I got lots of miles in the passenger seat of it. This truck was replaced by a International, I am trying to find a pic of it to show.

stapleylouisville.jpg

fdc2502584d1364d9e46d08e3ddf293286bc77d.jpg

ASAPAutomotive said:

I always did like the way the Ford front ends looked. Bet it paid for itself many times over.
FullPictureBusinessCardLg.jpg

geartow said:
now if you tow a truck that size with a single you get slack .but back in the day it waqs how it was done .still do it this way .

towmanjc said:
I still tow 90% of our tows with a single axle!!!

Stapleytowin said:
We also tow ALOT with a single axle, That is our "heavy" 16 ton wrecker on a freightliner with 24.5 wheels,air ride and air brakes......Like I have said before,I think that most mediun duty wreckers are put on to small chassis, thus limiting its capabillities... We have towed blower trucks, dump trucks, roll offs, tractors, log trucks...............as long as you take your time, you will be fine...........mind you we are in a rural setting, with moderate traffic. We love the single axle. I think the key is a nice heavy (single axle) chassis. most medium duty wreckers will pick up a suprising amount, but you still have to have the power to go!, and the brakes to stop safely!! once you have it on the hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!659.gif
fdc2502584d1364d9e46d08e3ddf293286bc77d.jpg

Da Wash Boss said:

SUPER NICE!!!!!!!!! now thats towing at its best. You cant beet that combo a ford louiville and a holmes 600 nothing better then that. Sharp looking truck thanks for sharing.

Danny Cassello - TRPC - East Hartford, CT

Archived