Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Keep on truckin'!!!!!! from 2006

kw5030

Topic Originally Created on Tow411 in September of 2006:

The first tow this morning was a Freight shaker with broken shaft at the tranny. Did this at the Ice Mountain Plant at 9 this morning. Pulled him away from his loaded trailor and hooked up. I used the tandem chain to keep it straight for the SLOW pull ahead to get to the rear. I then used a ratchet strap to hold it up for the tow. This truck went to the FL dealer 70 miles south to Grand Rapids..... (MERLS Country)

donley001.jpg

donley002.jpg

donley003.jpg

Then while Im thinking of lunch, dispatch calls me to tell me to hurry up and go toi US 10 30 miles north west of us. emoticoncussing.gif
I guess lunch will have to wait. So I go north 100 miles from where Im at presently. Donley trucking pulling for Reith Riley paving broke down and needed to be pulled home. This is one nice unit with the paint. All of there trucks are this nice or nicer. Towed this 20 miles back to there shop.

donley011.jpg

donley009.jpg

donley008.jpg
I tied up both air ride axles for the bags. (used forks because of the nice lights and chrome)

donley007.jpg

donley006.jpg

donley005.jpg

donley004.jpg

BLKWILL said:

Thats a nice looking truck. I like the hook up pics,
Nice,Nice, Hope you got your lunch
Will Cain - Chesapeake Service - 410-287-2666
Banner.jpg

bulldog1935 said:
why go through all the work of pulling the tractor out and spinning. droveshaft was 1/2 way out.
al bull dog

Towman26 said:
With the rear tows that you do I would invest in the U bolt forkskwbanner.jpg

kw5030 said:
1..........Spring loaded mudflaps
2.........Less weight towed from rear
3........hourly charge= $$$$$$$$
4.......Detroit engine= low oil pan
5......Cause i felt like it

towing4u said:
ice answers...........

Carter and Sons Towing tubebronze.gif said:
Keep on truckin
Jason

drewmel said:
I want that t-8 Tractor. I think if it had a lift I would have found what I was lookin for. Good work some points I would have made are already here so i'll just say, As long as it got done no harm then collect and move to the next one.
westhillsig.jpg

Gale25 yrs said:
I have used that method of cradling the driveshaft many times for quick clearance of the travel portion of the roadway. I prefer to tow everything from the rear when possible and will even hook twice if I can avoid pulling a shaft. Of course I use the Jerr-Dan wheel grids mostly too. Any time we work under a truck there is increased risk of injury, even from lifting the heavy parts once removed.

Y'all can call me lazy if ya want. I prefer to think it's age and wisdom. emoticondriving.gif

Rotator60 said:
Work smarter not harder. Great job.emoticonthumb.gif
Scott Hedgcoth

towmanjc said:
I`ll do the same thing!! Some people call me lazy!! But if I`m lazy why would I drop truck and re-hook from rear??
The only time you see me towing a tractor from the front is when i can`t tow`em from da-rear due to an accident or front end problem!!
Why pull the driveline and take the responsibility of re-install and taking the chance of getting sued if something goes wrong with it???emoticonconfused.gifJoe O`Brien
Weavertown Towing & Recovery
Pgh,Pa

Jerrys Road Service said:
Nice thinking.i hate strapping up shafts because i've had them break loose before but you did a good job only thing i would have changed is pull shaft though,i'm a worrie wart

hpgtowing said:
To each his own. Every one has there owm method? Is one wrong and one right? No they are not. Can it be done another way? Of course it can. But one should never shut the door? I was taught to steel with my eyes. Always look how the other guy does it. You will always learn something from watching. You may learn to never ever do it that way or even attempt it? Or you may learne something good that you didn't know? But at least in the end? You learned something! Take what you need. Leave the rest.. Stay safe and be well... Steve

bambarger said:
Looks good to me!

Archived