Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Wanted fugitive captured after posting to Facebook for a ride (CO)

TowNews

EAGLE COUNTY, Colo. (KKTV) - A nationally wanted fugitive was undone by a faulty engine and Facebook.

Brian Sohn, 28, had managed to elude authorities until his car broke down on Vail Pass Monday. Rather than immediately ditch his vehicle or quietly try to get help, Sohn announced his location and his phone number on Facebook:

"I need help I am stuck at 195 westbound need help. I'm stuck and need somebody to help asap please [Lists phone number]" - Post on Eagle County Classifieds Facebook page

The post, complete with Sohn's name, attracted attention -- including from the Eagle County Sheriff's Office, who warned the public on Facebook that Sohn was a fugitive who could be dangerous.

"Do not pick him up," the sheriff's office posted on the same Facebook page.

At some point after Sohn wrote on Facebook, he must have remembered he was a wanted man, because he had ditched his car by the time deputies got to the mile marker. But more luck for law enforcement: they discovered he had arranged to have his vehicle towed to his house in Avon.

An Avon officer waited patiently until he saw the tow truck barreling down the interstate hauling Sohn's green car. The officer followed the tow truck to Sohn's house and notified the sheriff's office.

Sohn was booked into the Eagle County Jail on multiple charges. There is also a warrant for his arrest in El Paso County on charges of theft, identity theft and forgery.

RESOURCE LINK

Archived