Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Canadian Tower Down - 01.19.10

Tow411

Originally Posted on Tow411 by Canadiantowman in January 2010:

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CT ... b=CP24Home

I don't have a positive id on the driver, just hear say so far. will try to find out more. If it's who i think it is he was a good guy and worked at comtow.

Mon Jan. 18 2010 3:53:22 PM
Truck driver dies in rollover in east end
Web Staff, cp24.com

The driver of a flatbed truck has died following an accident in the east end on Monday afternoon.

The rollover happened at about 1:40 p.m. in the Finch Avenue and Chartland Avenue area, near Midland Avenue. The male driver was pronounced dead at the scene.

The truck was carrying a Bobcat excavator on the bed and fuel was leaking from the scene. Toronto police traffic services have shut down the area.

Police say the driver lost control of the truck and started swerving around cars and came to rest against a tree. Investigators believe the accident may have been caused by a medical incident.

Finch Avenue is closed in both directions between Brimley Road and Chartland Avenue.

Stay with CP24 for traffic updates.

Link_To_Story

Driver's death caused by medical condition?

By Tamara Cherry, Toronto Sun
Last Updated: 18th January 2010, 11:02pm

A 47-year-old man may have suffered a medical episode before his death on a northeast Toronto street Monday afternoon.

The man was hauling a Bobcat construction vehicle on a flatbed truck west on Finch Ave. W., west of Brimley Rd., when he began drifting in and out of oncoming traffic at about 1:40 p.m., Toronto Police Const. Hugh Smith said.

Firefighters had to cut the man out of the truck,which was flipped on its side beside a tree. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The man worked for Comtow towing company for about four years, according to a fellow employee who arrived at the scene, Smith said.

"He may have suffered some type of medical episode," Smith said, adding an autopsy would be done to determine what, if anything, he suffered prior to the collision.

The truck came to a rest just east of Midland Ave., known for heavy pedestrian traffic, Smith said. There were at least two vehicles that had to make quick turns to avoid being hit by the swerving truck, leaving tire marks in the pavement.

I just found out it is who i thought it was, his name was Ron. sorry i can't remember his last name, Ron worked for us a few years back. Thoughts and prayers for his family.

hook206 said:

Sorry to hear of this.Prayers to all of the working family and personal family.GOD BE WITH HIM.
HF IN BC
CANADA
WM 040496

Randy1 said:
Sorry to hear , thought's and prayer's to all involved.

TONY AT BMH said:
Our Thoughts and Prayers.
banner1b.jpg

Acestowing said:
Thanks for posting, never heard anything about it, Our Thoughts and Prayers from Aces Towing
Bryce Weber - Aces Towing
WM 091409 Level 6/7
1-519-889-3350

Scooby said:
sorry to hear this john... as you know, Canada holds a special place in my heart and I hate to hear anything bad happening to my friends north of the border.
e73256d5ee9a22da85e3379546f31ee83c08250.pjpg

Lake Eire Lenny said:
Sorry To Hear Of The Loss Of A Fellow Towman Our Prayers Go Out To The Family And Co-Workers From LAKE ERIE TOWING & RECOVERY INC.

Heffy004 said:
Our sympathies go out also to his family, friends & co-workers.
May he rest in peace.
HEFFY

Singh wm 060340 said:
my thoughts and prayers for his family and friends........
luckybanner-1-1-1.jpg

mooresbp tubegreen.gif said:
Thoughts and prayers for his family
George
Moore's BP
We'll see you on down the road

Archived