Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

tow truck driver was hit by a vehicle on I 81 in Greencastle (PA)

TowNews

GREENCASTLE — A male tow truck driver was hit by a vehicle on Interstate 81 in Greencastle Thursday night, according to Pennsylvania State Police.

State police in Chambersburg were contacted at 7:57 p.m. Thursday night for a report of a struck pedestrian in the area of mile marker 3 on I-81 South in Antrim Township.

According to police, the male victim was a rollback driver from Shockey’s Towing. Police did not release a name of the victim in the initial response for a report.

The victim was in the process of getting inside the tow truck after loading a vehicle onto the rollback when struck by a Volkswagen Jetta, police said. The name of the driver of the Jetta was not initially released.

The victim was flown from the scene to York Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, according to police.

Updates will be provided when more information is made available by police.

RESOURCE LINK

UPDATE: Tow truck driver hit by car on Interstate 81 near Greencastle

State police identified the tow truck driver as Brian Shockey, 37, of Waynesboro in a report on Saturday. 

Shockey landed in the travel lanes after being hit. A witness dragged him back to the side of the road. 

The driver of the Jetta was identified as Breanna Gingerich, 33, Greencastle. A police report did not say she has been charged, and the online court record system does not appear to show charges against her as of Sunday afternoon. 

RESOURCE LINK

As found on FB:

Thanks everyone for the messages and comments. I am currently in York shock trauma. I was on 81 towing a car Thursday evening and was struck by a car passing by as I was trying to re enter my truck. I am doing ok (a lot of pain) I have 2 broken legs, 2 broken ankles, a broken wrist, I think they said a broken cheek bone and cracked ribs.

Believe me I wont let this keep me down!

Thank you all
Brian Shockey

49172689_1166125306895854_82142021513421

48991585_1166125333562518_11267166936582

Archived