Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

What Do You People Expect?

Tow411

Topic Originally Created by rdonchann in November of 2012:

Over the years we have received calls from Geico asking us to do a tow or service call. We tried them at first when they offered cc for payment only to find out that it is a promise of a call back with a cc in a few days. We have filled out a provider app in the past and been told they have enough providers.
  After reading on here about how Geico po's are good and how Geico is good to work for, I decided to accept a po.
 Today we received that call asking us to accept a po for a service. Explained to the dispatcher that we would try taking a po on this call and see how they pay. The dispatcher then proceeded to give me the customer info. I told her that she could just fax it over along with the contact info and where to send the po for payment. The dispatcher then told me that we were not a contractor so we were not entitled to receive a fax. I declined the call.

You can't send us a fax. You want us to extend credit to you yet you can not send us any official paperwork. How do we know the person on the phone is not just some guy's girlfriend calling from the convenience store to get a free service? Should I just forward you my debit card number along with a signed blank check?

If you know of any other industry where a person can cold call someone who they don't have a relationship with and demand credit and the service completed within a few minutes after the call with no strings attached please let me know. 

Rod VT tubeyellow.gif said:

I have never had a problem with their PO number over the phone. I have never seen a fax from them either and I have to mail my invoices in, no fax or email. They pay in 16-18 days, like clockwork. You certainly are not obligated to accept someone on the phone's promise, but I say, you missed out on a job...
wp479e6008_05_06.jpg

rdonchann said:
I might have if it was really Geico calling. Maybe I am pessimistic but it takes a little more than a call and somebody claiming to be somebody for me to get excited.

gunions towing said:
I will say that I give Geico 30 day pay and I receive there checks within two weeks of me mailing them...

Jef said:
I'm a provider for them, but I don't roll a truck out without a fax. If for some reason I need another truck (IE dollies truck rather then light service) I get a second fax with a second PO. They have been known to try to avoid giving out a second PO, the fax is hard proof it was done.

I'm still a little upset with them for making me hold 2 hours to get another PO last week. I put the phone on speaker and continued my daily work, but literally just over 2 hours to get in touch with a human. Their reason, "we're getting slammed, we have 70 calls holding." So it's ok for you to leave me on hold forever but my 2 hour ETA is unacceptable?

Rod VT tubeyellow.gif said:
478-464-2001 that's the number Geico ERS calls out on...
I only take their P.O.s on a quote, so their are never any overages or amount disputes.
wp479e6008_05_06.jpg

optionguru said:

turns into an email. Before I was a provider with them I would accept PO's and they give you a fax number you can use to submit the PO. I understand the hesitance but I would give them the benefit of the doubt, they're one of the good ones.
Nightingale Towing
165 Savageville Rd
Lisbon, NH 03585
603-838-6155

rapidtow said:

All Geico calls are recorded if you ever had a problem they could listen to the tapes. They are one of the if not the best companies to work for. Our rep calls regularly  to ask if we need anything or if there is anything  they could change, when do you ever here ccmc  rep do that?
462ee5daecb742828062e406b64cf0f7_r.png

mr p1nk tubered.gif said:
Geico is one of the easiest clubs to work for.  They pay quickly, never short, have great dispatchers, and have reps who are accessible.  At night , they cannot always fax so I hand write the calls. I have been with them for years and have seen an upswing in the volume of calls.

ABCDISCOUNTOFSMITHBOROSC tubered.gif said:
If every club was like Geico this entire industry would be different . We are not contracted with them but do multiple calls for them everyday . We fax in the invoice , and they fax back a credit card number . Geico gets service from us at odd hours when we would turn down the other clubs because (1) they pay a fair rate that we can make a profit on (2) i get paid Monday - Friday with out question . If Geico ERS wants it give it to them . Their word is bond . In my opinion Geico really cares about taking care of their customers .

In Memory of National Autow tubegreen.gif said:
I think that about sums it up for GEICO as opposed to so many others. If they say it, they mean it AND they back it up.

gunions towing said:
I will say that geico is probably our fastest pay. 2 weeks. They are also the fastest to settle an accident claim, either their insured fault or not. They do not sit in our yard. I accept their po and it is golden.

Lightspeed Towing said:
We contract with GEICO, and love them. They pay us our contracted "set rates" every week, even if we don't bill them. Meaning the hook fee or road service fee minus any extras. When we bill them they pay the correct amount every time with no issue. We sometimes will do a long distance tow for them. We negotiate all fees before the truck rolls and they take care of us properly, never trying to screw us out of the money we earned. I agree that many of the other motor clubs could take some lessons from GEICO.

WEBOSLH said:
I want to chime in too, I have worked for Geico for about 5 years, and they have been good to me. I have had only ONE problem that took a lot of time to take care of. And part of that was my fault. I hope they can go on in the manner they conduct business, as I see it being good for their customers and for myself.
I'll go this far. Allstate could learn a few things from Geico. Allstate would rather put the dollar on a gold plate for the higher ups, and put the customers on a dead end street. That ain't a bash..it's the truth. (don't get me started....).
Geico does and appears to put their customers first. And takes care of the service providers with respect, and gratitude.

Blue Stripe said:
Agreed.  The main difference between them and other "clubs" is that Geico only services THEIR OWN CLIENTS.  They have a vested interest with the client who needs serviced, whereas most other "clubs" are simply a third party hired to service someone else's customer.  Sure, Allstate is servicing their own too to be fair, but they service more than just their own.  Unlike Geico, they are not exclusive.  I was very surprised State Farm contracted with RA, as they have more than enough clients to create and sustain their own network. 

I rate Geico #1 on my list.  We are a primary contracted servicer in our area, so I can't speak for how they handle "non-contracted vendors" but I'd assume they'd treat you the same.  Their main goal is take care of what their client needs.  We never get questioned on anything we need to do, as long as we're getting the job handled and making them look good.  We are treated wonderfully when we call in for anything, as if we were a member of their own staff.

To directly address the OP, I'd recommend you save the Geico phone number in your phone, or just remember it.  Either way, you'll know its them calling. 
Chris Flynn, WM 091008
Boardman Towing & Recovery

Archived