Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

FEMA taps Cincinnati tow truck company for hurricane disaster relief

Kat

http://www.fox19.com/2018/09/14/fema-taps-cincinnati-tow-truck-company-hurricane-disaster-relief/

A local tow truck company is sending 10 trucks down to the Carolinas to help move vehicles stuck in flood waters.
By Maytal Levi | September 13, 2018 at 8:29 PM EST - Updated September 13 at 8:38 PM

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - A local tow truck company is sending 10 trucks down to the Carolinas to help move vehicles stuck in flood waters.

Priority Towing says since they’r’e already going down there, they’re hoping to fill their truck beds with supplies.

The owner of the company, Bob Meyer, says FEMA called and asked if they would help

"I have 50 drivers and all of them want to go and a lot of them don't realize they got to stay here to work also but, yeah, we have a lot of volunteers ready to go," said Meyer.

The company drove down to Texas last year to help with relief following Hurricane Harvey. His crew spent 44 days down there towing around 250,000 vehicles. Meyer isn't sure what the aftermath of Florence will look like yet, but he worries it might resemble Harvey.

"Vehicles are everywhere and it water is getting 3 to 4 feet deep it's going into all your electrical components, your brakes, everything and usually the insurance just totals them out," said Meyer. FEMA is paying for fuel and board. "We up the insurance cause there's a lot that can happen and then we donate a lot of water and stuff," said Meyer.

Priority Towing is heading down Sunday at noon. They're accepting donations at the shop located at 4119 Spring Grove Avenue.

-- 

Christopher Parrish
Community Manager / Web AdminTowing Information Network
Tow411.net | TowForce.net | Tow.Photos | TowCareers.com | TowTruckShopper.com
facebook.png twitter.png 

It is my opinion, but it is pretty crappy that the business is not awarded to companies within the states that are suffering the losses. Give them the opportunity to help themselves and rebuild their livelihood. There are plenty of companies in Florida that could use the boost. Just my opinion, and, as everyone here knows, I have an opinion on just about everything, be it right or wrong. Of course that is your opinion.

Archived