Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Someone parked in my drive

First, getting the vehicle out of the space is just a challenge the right tow operator will accept.

Next, Property Damage?  I wonder what kind of experience this person has with towing vehicles.

Lastly, they should not have parked in the driveway. I would probably put a sign. Parking $100 A Day.

Start Article:

'I arrived home and found someone parked in my drive - so I made sure to ruin their weekend'

One homeowner made sure to enact revenge when an "entitled" guest of one of their neighbours parked in their driveway and refused to move when asked, leading to dramatic consequences.

Neighbourhood parking can be a tricky balancing act - and it's usually good manners to tell your neighbours if you are having a party and that the street may get a little busy.

However, one homeowner arrived home one day to find that a neighbours guest was parked in her driveway.

When the guest refused to move their car, they made sure they got their revenge.

“Someone on our block was having a large party and someone decided they were entitled to park in my driveway,” the homeowner explained on Reddit.

“Keep in mind my driveway is a single car width lined with a retaining wall on both sides and a garage at the end. Essentially impossible for a tow truck to come pull them out without property damage.”

There was very little the homeowner could do, as there was very limited parking in the area.

So, they did what was really the only option open to them, and parked in their own driveway directly behind the guest's parked car.

The “entitled driver” knocked on the homeowner’s door a few hours later “demanding” that they move their car, and the homeowner refused.

“Seeing as they were demanding, I informed them that I had been drinking and would not move my car.”

The guest then called the police, but the police could do nothing to solve the issue.

“I had informed him that after I got home I was unwinding and had been drinking and was in no shape to drive."

“At this point their hands were tied because they couldn’t tow her car out, I’m in no shape to drive, and I’m legally parked in my driveway.”

Taking the revenge to the next level, they then said they would not be driving for the entire bank holiday weekend, so the entitled guest would have to wait until Tuesday to pick up their car.

Many found the tale hilarious while others thought they stooped a little bit too low.

"Things like this make me step back and try to wrap my head around the reality that some people really are that selfish and entitled," one said.

Another added "Nice work, OP. I applaud your pettiness."

RESOURCE LINK