Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Geri RosKopf's Blog - Reasonableness

GeriRoskopf.jpg.a71b9a2766e9123d1cd16e1c

Geri Roskopf

Recently, I was in conversation with a tower about a similar situation we were both facing and he used the word “reasonableness.” 

While I figured it meant to be reasonable, I was curious about the dictionary’s definition.

According to the dictionary, reasonableness means sound judgment; fairness. The quality of being based on good sense.

That led me to look up “good sense” versus “common sense.”

Common sense refers to practical judgment and reasoning that most people possess. It’s the ability to make sensible decisions based on everyday experiences and observations.

Good sense refers to cleverness, sound judgment and intelligence in specific situations. Good sense is the regulated and controlled part of common sense. It’s making wise decisions based on a thoughtful analysis.

While the word reasonableness doesn’t flow off the tongue like reasonable, I think it’s a great word to use in situations where you need to be level-headed, logical, rational, practical and generally do what’s right. A combination of common and good sense.

I was glad I had that conversation with the tower as he really helped put in perspective how I needed to handle the situation we talked about.

Reasonableness – a good word to keep posted on my computer.

View the full article and more on TowTimes.com

• TowForce changed the title to Geri RosKopf's Blog - Reasonableness