Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Naked Woman Hit by Tow Truck (IN)

Witnesses say naked Bloomington woman ran into traffic before being hit by tow truck

A Bloomington woman was seriously hurt Wednesday night when she apparently stepped into the path of a westbound tow truck on West 17th Street.

The 23-year-old was taken to IU Health Bloomington Hospital after the 10:25 p.m. accident near the intersection of West 17th Street and North College Avenue. She had injuries to the midsection of her body and left side of her head and was listed in stable condition.

Minutes before the woman was struck, a 911 caller reported a naked female at the corner yelling and causing a disturbance. While officers were on the way, another caller said the woman had run into the roadway and been hit by a vehicle.

She was found lying on her back in the road, where officers stabilized her and applied first aid to help lessen bleeding from her injuries until medics arrived, Bloomington Police Department Capt. Ryan Pedigo said.

Bystanders said the woman had been “acting like she was going to jump into traffic,” a police report on the accident said. An employee of the Circle K gas station at the intersection said 10 minutes before the incident, she had talked to the woman, who was clothed, and calmed her down.

Police later found the woman’s clothing nearby on the sidewalk. Seventeenth Street west of College Avenue was closed temporarily for accident reconstruction, Pedigo said.

The 43-year-old driver of the 2022 Dodge Ram 4500 tow truck told police he didn't see the woman before hearing the impact. He pulled over after the collision, was cooperative and submitted to a blood draw, Pedigo said, which is standard procedure in accidents involving serious injury.

RESOURCE LINK

"He pulled over after the collision, was cooperative and submitted to a blood draw, Pedigo said, which is standard procedure in accidents involving serious injury."

Really...  Crazy Person Runs Out In Front of a Driver and they do a blood test on the driver? Are the officers so incompetent that they aren't reliable enough to determine if the driver is under the influence? Really and if I said I am not submitting to a blood test what happens? While I have no reason not to comply, why should I submit to an unreasonable request?

"The reason that the police officer needs to apply for a warrant is that the supreme court has ruled that under the fourth amendment, a police officer cannot force you to draw your blood without your consent."

So, within my rights if I were to ask for a warrant would that be considered an admission of guilt even though there should be nothing to be found in my blood? I say should because in rare instances I have seen these tests go wrong. Should I ask for an independent blood text from a hospital? These are thing we should all think about if one of these idiots we see or don't see steps into our path.