Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

"To see him walking is a true blessing;" rider and savior reunite after crash with deer (PA)

YORK, Pa. — A tow-truck worker and a motorcyclist have now been reunited, after an unfortunate crash with a deer brought them together the first time.

Cameron Goheen was riding his motorcycle in York when a herd of deer went into the roadway.

You can watch the crazy moment they collided, all caught on camera, here.

Goheen was on the side of the road in pain, until a tow truck worker arrived.

Goheen took to social media to find the Good Samaritan, and recounted the experience to CBS 21 Photojournalist, Mitch Olweiler.

Now, days later, the two are being reunited, and photojournalist Olweiler was there for the heartwarming moment.

"Originally, I was headed to a call," said Chad Wiley, who works for Expedited Towing. "I noticed on my left side that the bike was laid over, and from that moment I realized something wasn't right."

"I'd seen Cameron laying down on the right side of me, then I pulled over, and went right to him, a natural instinct," recounted Wiley.

Wiley went on to say, "When you see another life like that, that could possibly be in the balance, anybody who truly cares would be there, and stand by him."

Motorcyclist Goheen said Wiley "came out of nowhere" that day. "He did everything he needed to do to take the helmet off. He kept my head stabilized, my neck stabilized, he took it off slow," said Goheen.

Wiley says it's a miracle to see Cameron walking and moving around.

Wiley's advice after the event? "If you see anybody else, in any accident or any situation, double check on that person. Stop, and make sure everything is okay, because you'd want that for your family."

RESOURCE LINK