Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

2016 Volvo 9700 bus

Haven't posted in a while- here is a recent one I had to tow- just under 250 miles. Wheel grid hook up- aired at front of the bus and service brakes at the brake valve. Didn't realize it until too late, but the pics showing the brake hook up did not focus- so nothing but a blur. The lines are accesible behind the flip up bumper- as is the front air hook up. There is a fitting with a plug that takes an Allen head. Unscrew the fitting and a #4 (I believe- might he a #3) JIC screws right in. 1/4" push to conect for the service air.

On longer tows I pull the driveshaft- which for this one was easy as the coach ran- it just would shut down randomly. I Started it up after the hook up- released the brakes and pulled the rear tires onto blocks to gain more clearance. Flange shaft w/ 18mm bolts. I also run wired lights (for now) and on these I run the wire under the coach- ran wire while underneath.

Eneventful tow- but at the drop the service manager was kinda hard on the service writer about notating ANY damage on the coach. I informed her I would be happy to email her the photos I took pre and post tow if it would make her feel better. Seemed to surprise her quite a bit. At least she calmed down. InShot_20180701_185555876.jpgInShot_20180701_185506096.jpgInShot_20180701_185638703.jpgInShot_20180701_185338123.jpg20180628_082334.jpg20180628_082257.jpg

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Hey Towlife75,
nice hook up! did you have to set tires on blocks first to get grids closer to cross bar to get the body clearance you have?
Sorry for such a delay in responding. I was able to air the bus prior to loading and just slide under it.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Archived