Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Move over Technique

Hello, my name is Matthew Gaudet owner of Matthew's Road Services LLC and Matthew's Roadside Assistance here MA & NH areas. I might have found a technique that hopefully you may follow to keep all of our brothers and sisters alive on the roads. 

What ave been doing is putting out two cones about a foot over the white line on the highway, cars can hit the cones all they want, but I find that they go around them an give me the space I need to do my job. I've been at this now for 22 years for myself and another 20 plus years for other companies. We also got some lit puck LEDs devices that seem to be working too.  I have a Slow Down & Move Over for all emergency people page on Facebook for people to share. Please stay safe out there, let me know if this works for you? 

Happy New Year's to everyone!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Kudos Matt for thinking of SDMO safety NO disrespect to your technique, but I believe setting cones or other obstacles in a live lane is risky business that opens tow operators to huge liability if the obstacle causes injury, death or property damage. Cones, pucks and triangles that are set inside the defining lane markings is a better choice that's in-line with TIMs, MUTCD and other industry training.

Randall C. Resch