Quantcast
  • Join the TowForce community.

It looks like you're not logged in. Register to get started and to receive Tower Down Notices.

Talking Safety in Baltimore!

I continue to hear about how unsafe Baltimore is now. In fact Baltimore has been a High Crime City for many years. Has it increased, quite likely and I offer the same precautions as I have for more than a decade now.

First: For those flying in, when you arrive at the airport. Do not take the light rail because it seems like a good value and something different. We did this like many 15 plus years ago. It has gotten far to dangerous for travelers with their luggage. Avoid the Taxi's they are generally dirty and a rip off. The Shuttle Services have continued a decline and are unreliable. Stick with the Rideshares such as Uber and Lyft.

Second: Walk in Groups most of the time, especially at night. I used to walk around the inner harbor alone each year without much fear. I use more caution now, but as long as you are in a group it should not be an issue. The majority of those in town for the show will be staying at nearby hotels. Some that drive in will stay a few miles out to save a few dollars and then pay for parking. Did you know you can reserve your parking in advance?

Third: In regards to staying outside the inner harbor to save a few dollars I do not know many have done this or are planning to do this as it seems to be a rookie move. Seems like the added hassle just is not worth it. But, maybe someone can chime in with their thoughts and experiences.

Fourth: Respond in the Official TowForce Roll Call and enjoy the American Towman Baltimore Tow Expo.

Link to Roll Call: https://www.towforce.net/topic/19821-roll-call-2022-baltimore-tow-expo-nov-17-19-2022/

Link to an Article about Baltimore: https://www.travelsafe-abroad.com/united-states/baltimore/

I'll put together a Where to Eat Topic in a Few Days. Again, take a moment to Reply in the Roll Call.

• Thanks 1